The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great spot

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Where does it say he is replacing Walton?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Where does it say to replace Walton?

I think it probably means Walton will be with the first team more regularly as a sub or back-up.

Thanks for finding though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I spat my bloody tea out when i read this , Walton looks a superb prospect , and will i hope at some point next season find a spot on the bench or better for the 1st team .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh good - probably recommended by Jones then. Doesn't sound like a replacement for Walton though.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I spat my bloody tea out when i read this , Walton looks a superb prospect , and will i hope at some point next season find a spot on the bench or better for the 1st team .

The title was meant to mean he would be taking over from Walton in the Development Squad as we are expecting Walton to be in the First Team squad this coming season.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
With both Koosh and Brez going, it would seem highly likely that Walton will be stepping up to the first team squad next season.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Don't see him as a replacement for Walton. I've watched a few development squad games this season and Walton looks the real deal. His posture and game reminds me of Joe Hart. He still needs to improve on his kicking, but, already a great shot stopper.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well he would be a replacement for Walton wouldn't he, as the first choice Dev Squad keeper and Walton moves up to the bench for the first team along side Casper.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Talking of young keepers..........how is big Jack Butland getting on? Could well be available for a season-long loan I would think. Would make an excellant replacement for Koosh.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't see him replacing Walton, he's probably being signed to back him up though and mean when needed Walton can travel / train with the senior squad

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
He says in the article that John Morling, the head of the BHA Academy, knows him from his time with the Irish FA. That's the link. Morling, although from London, was recruited by BHA from the Irish FA where he had been heavily involved with the setting up of the Irish youth system and was the manager, I believe, of their Under 16 national squad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He says in the article that John Morling, the head of the BHA Academy, knows him from his time with the Irish FA. That's the link. Morling, although from London, was recruited by BHA from the Irish FA where he had been heavily involved with the setting up of the Irish youth system and was the manager, I believe, of their Under 16 national squad.

We have two other Irish lads who were first year scholars this past season (Dylan Barnett and Des Hutchinson), so I would imagine he was instrumental in bringing those over as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here