Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Eastbourne

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
In light of nice weather, I am planning on venturing to Eastbourne tomorrow by train (by myself) to look at Beachyhead, maybe pop in a pub for a drink and look on the pier (no idea if it is decent or not though).

Anyone recommend anything do do while I'm 'in town'?

Cheers. :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beachy Head is miles from the train station

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great advice. Dont need an 'accident'

I've looked on google maps. Should take about 1 hour, maybe a little longer, right?

A good hours walk as quite set of steps to the top if I remember rightly, there may be a bus that goes up there. It is a spectacular view and as tomorrow will be bright and sunny

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

Albion Rob

If you're having a drink I'd recommend the Dolphin in South a Street or any other pubs on that road really. No good pubs near the pier I'm afraid. In fact not many good pubs in Eastbourne all told to be honest, as much as it pains me to say it.

Depending on where you are coming from even on a Sunday there are plenty of Eastbourne - Brighton buses some of which go over Beach Head (not literally of course). Bonus is that you don't need to worry about drinking other than the fact that buses don't have toilets. Best Chippy is the Holiday Inn Fish Restaurant Carlisle Road (the one that goes from the prom to the Congress Theatre. Ignore Ramsdens and the one at the Pier entrance.

Nice day for it tomorrow.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are no steps. You can catch a bus from Brighton too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was a youngster I used to refer to Eastbourne as a place for old crusties who went to wait for God. As I've grown older I'e began to realise what a pleasant place it is, especially for a summers day out. I love the cleanliness of the town, and the way the beachfront is so well kept, and the architecture so engaging.

Having made so many disparaging comments in my youthful years, I find myself contemplating it as my place of retirement...

When I was a youngster I used to refer to Eastbourne as a place for old crusties who went to wait for God. As I've grown older I'e began to realise what a pleasant place it is, especially for a summers day out. I love the cleanliness of the town, and the way the beachfront is so well kept, and the architecture so engaging.

Having made so many disparaging comments in my youthful years, I find myself contemplating it as my place of retirement...

Same here, or is there a clue in the start of your post! Like it for shopping and when you get tired of that you can go for a nice stroll on the prom.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Crown and Anchor just to the east of the pier. Good beer, great food with decent portions at a good price. Nice atmosphere in there too.

For food and drink, I'd personally avoid the harbour. Overpriced and pseudo trendy. The roads around the harbour may have glamorous exotic sounding names, but its all a facade. The area is naff for dining and drinking - And living come to that.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The cafe style style culture and architectural splendours of Royal Sussex Crescent & Croxden Way are well worth a visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here