Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans going out to Brazil?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Any other Albion fans heading out to Brazil for the World Cup? Would be good if we could get a few Albion fans together for a few beers.

We fly out to Lisbon on Monday 9th and then to Manaus on the 10th as having a few days in the Amazon before the Italy game.

Got changeable flights back from Rio after the first knock out game on the 30th June.

There will be a few of us at various stages, 8 Brighton, 1 Birmingham, 1 Aston Villa! Been shopping ready for it today so starting to get excited.

Have all internal flights sorted and hotels/apartments booked for the three weeks, cost was not as bad as expected. So far about £2.5k for everything which includes flights from London-Lisbon-Manaus-Sao Paulo-Belo Horizonte-Rio-London , 2 x 3 night trips into the amazon and a further 17 nights accommodation including a night in Lisbon. Planning all done, come on June 9th!

The Thomson Sport (official travel) has a trip from 12-26th June and the price is FROM £6,995!!!!:eek: or you can do the second 2 group games from 18-26th June for £4,995.

grumpyoldgit

Mar 29, 2012
My son is going out there , he was let down by his mates who could'nt afford it so is going on his own, he is away on a stag weekend till Monday so will get him to pm you when he gets back.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Any other Albion fans heading out to Brazil for the World Cup? Would be good if we could get a few Albion fans together for a few beers.

We fly out to Lisbon on Monday 9th and then to Manaus on the 10th as having a few days in the Amazon before the Italy game.

Got changeable flights back from Rio after the first knock out game on the 30th June.

There will be a few of us at various stages, 8 Brighton, 1 Birmingham, 1 Aston Villa! Been shopping ready for it today so starting to get excited.

Have all internal flights sorted and hotels/apartments booked for the three weeks, cost was not as bad as expected. So far about £2.5k for everything which includes flights from London-Lisbon-Manaus-Sao Paulo-Belo Horizonte-Rio-London , 2 x 3 night trips into the amazon and a further 17 nights accommodation including a night in Lisbon. Planning all done, come on June 9th!

The Thomson Sport (official travel) has a trip from 12-26th June and the price is FROM £6,995!!!!:eek: or you can do the second 2 group games from 18-26th June for £4,995.

Trip of a lifetime. Good on you fella.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Doing quarters / semis / final via the states. It was my girlfriends idea. Probably about 7 grand for two of us so far and that with pretty decent hotels.

Unfortunately my girlfriends dad is very ill so will have to cancel the whole thing if worse comes to the worse at that time! Not sure I would get much of the money back.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Doing quarters / semis / final via the states. It was my girlfriends idea. Probably about 7 grand for two of us so far and that with pretty decent hotels.

Unfortunately my girlfriends dad is very ill so will have to cancel the whole thing if worse comes to the worse at that time! Not sure I would get much of the money back.

You could donate them to me. I can't pay anything but would promise to spunk it all in style.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This will be the first time the Miami Seagulls flag has not been at a world cup for many a year. Had tickets but just cant afford all the travel and time off this time.
Perhaps you should send the flag to someone who is going. Mind you how big is this flag.?

Jan 30, 2008
total load of bollocks , how's your average punter going to afford that!! .............oh hold on they're a thing of the past that's been swept away under the carpet :nono:
regards
DR

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doing Miami instead for 8 days as one of our group emigrates to Australia in July and couldn't stretch to the £3k or so for a week in Brazil we were looking at

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Have a good'un mate. I'm...well you know.....gutted doesn't describe it.

Trip of a lifetime. Good on you fella.

It's not though is it?? It's a once every four year trip sandwiched between-ed a belly load of beer all over Europe. Ask Mr Blobby where he has been following (a poor excuse of a football team) England and he'll "bore" the arse off you....mainly because quite a few of those trips I've been there to point at things. Following England for anyone that hasn't done it on a regular basis is an interesting experience and something I wouldn't put anyone off doing but be warned it can be a challenge at times.

total load of bollocks , how's your average punter going to afford that!! .............oh hold on they're a thing of the past that's been swept away under the carpet :nono:
regards
DR

They can't is the short answer....but that is an issue with football in general as opposed to the world cup or fifa.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here