Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Łukasz Fabiański

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
The FA Cup final today will be Fabiański's last game for Arsenal. He decided not to prolong his contract, because he wants regular first team football, and will be able to leave the Emirates Stadium in the summer. He might be a good replacement for Kuszczak. Lukasz won 21 caps for Poland, and is Polish NT's third GK after Szczęsny and Boruc.

If he was given a chance to play regularly, he would be able to realise his full potential. Moreover, Albion wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee for him, and he is so hungry for first team football that I'm quite sure his expectations regarding wages would be far from exorbitant.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Well we wouldn't have to change the Big Pole in our Goal chant. He'll have to be called PIG2

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Fabianski is 3 years younger than Kuszczak, and really hungry for first team football, so I don't think money is the most important thing for him now (after 7 years in Arsenal he probably doesn't have trouble making ends meet). Besides, realistically - BHAFC is doomed to play in PL eventually. It really makes sense to approach Fabiański now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No idea what our chances would be but he would be a great replacement for TK. Sign him up!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
big tick from me
definitely looks the business

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd love to, but if we couldn't afford to keep Koosh then what hope do we have of landing Fabianski?

Wasn't him leaving more a case of his wanting to leave rather than The Albion not being able to afford him?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
All I seem to remember about the guy when he did play were the horrendous howlers he was prone to make, but at that level you do not get time to make up for your mistakes. However, for us he could do a good job for a while at least. Not sure about the wages though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't him leaving more a case of his wanting to leave rather than The Albion not being able to afford him?

I'm not sure it was either, but it definitely wasn't him wanting to leave. We didn't offer him a new deal. Presumably we think we can get better (or at least better value).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

He stated he wanted to play in the Prem, though who for as first choice baffles me.
Maybe he has fallen out with the club lately, the arguments with Bruno (who is being offered another contract) and the couple of Saturday sickness and being sent home.
Perhaps the rumour, when Casper took over with Walton on the bench, about Koosh and Pete hungover (Pete has gone as well) may have had some truth in it.
Having watched Koosh at Derby last week he looked totally disinterested.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
From what I saw the first goal was an unlucky deflection, and there was nothing he could do to stop the second.

Last edited:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I don't think there are any genuine Arsenal fans referring to him like that, especially that his saves brought them to the FA Cup final, giving them the chance to win their first trophy in 9 years.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A lot of Arsenal fans I know refer to him as FLAPianski

A lot of Arsenal fans that I know have f*ck all knowledge of football. Only one of them talks sense. Obviously it isn't an indication of the entire fanbase.

I'd take him, he's still got his best years left and would be awesome at this level. Plus we can still call him PIG.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here