Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Final Day - 07:45 and not one thread about the event on NSC.

Do you care about the Cup Final today?

• Yes I do

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No I don't

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

In years gone by I would have been almost sick with excitment on FA Cup Final day. Irrespective of the Albion's involvment.

A great spectacle , and a trophy John Vinnicombe described as the 'most precious prize in sport ' almost allowed to rot.

Very sad.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It used to be a good day on tv, but that's all gone now.

Come on Hull. I want the team that knocked us out, to win it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was just about to post an "FA Cup - do you care?" poll so I'll add it to this thread instead.

As a kid, FA Cup final day was fantastic - the build-up would start, on both channels, early in the morning. TV crews would be camped out at the teams' hotels, they'd be on the coach with them to Wembley, there'd be a Cup Final special of Question of Sport and Stan Boardman would make jokes about the Gaaaaaaairmans if Everton were playing, and they seemed to a lot.

D

Deleted User X18H

I was just about to post an "FA Cup - do you care?" poll so I'll add it to this thread instead.

As a kid, FA Cup final day was fantastic - the build-up would start, on both channels, early in the morning. TV crews would be camped out at the teams' hotels, they'd be on the coach with them to Wembley, there'd be a Cup Final special of Question of Sport and Stan Boardman would make jokes about the Gaaaaaaairmans if Everton were playing, and they seemed to a lot.

At least when ESPN had coveraged they started their Cup Final day coverage at 9am for 3pm KO. BT are having a go with this, but not until 12pm . Five hours worth . 3 more than ITV are chucking at it.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014

I love it still. Since 1972 the only final I haven't watched live is the first game in 1983 funnily enough, although as everyone else will mention, not the same for many reasons.

Got two others families coming around and will record Barca v AM to watch afterwards. What's not to like.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Arsenal 'fans' will be digging out their Gunners shirts about now, they will be strolling round a town near you and me and shouting at a pub TV come kick off.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I can't really get excited about watching Arsenal v Hull, I still love the FA Cup but I'm more interested when its two teams that aren't in the big four or five Premier League teams.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In years gone by I would have been almost sick with excitment on FA Cup Final day.
True.

A great spectacle , and a trophy John Vinnicombe described as the 'most precious prize in sport ' almost allowed to rot.

Very sad.
Not really. There's so much more entertainment on offer these days, that the FA cup is just another thing. 25 years ago there was so little happening that the FA cup was a special treat. I'm not sad that there's more to do these days.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The day itself used to be great as it was about the only time you ever got to hear and see players when they were not playing football. FA Cup Question of Sport and all the other Fa Cup day televisual excitements were great. Now, we are overdosed on everything that I find it difficult to get even vaguely interested. Not sure I will even watch it, which is very sad.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
In years gone by I would have been almost sick with excitment on FA Cup Final day. Irrespective of the Albion's involvment.

Very sad.
Agree with this used to love cup final day but the magic has gone probably through the importance of Premier league and Champions league think it seemed to lose it when Wembley was rebuilt

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I still care but fear it's generally being dumed down as is winning the Premership which to be honest is just a step to Champions league

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Regardless of who is playing I absolutely love the Cup and will definitely be watching. Got a lot of respect for Wenger so it would be nice to see him end his drought but equally it would be fantastic for Hull to win just over a year after they were playing 2nd tier football. I do think the semis should be played at a neutral ground like they used to be, the prestige of Wembley should be reserved for the finalists.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here