Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sherwood's Mild Range

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
BhUZfjBCQAA84qv.jpg

In case he does manage us - who would be ours?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
esyhuqed.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was horrified by the idea at first but I am kind of warming to him now. I like a bit of personality in football (I Know this is frowned upon and people prefer the dullard) and we'll be disappointed if he doesn't come.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
The bit that worries me the most about Sherwood are the reports that the Spurs players couldn't stand the bloke and threatened to walk out if he stayed. It doesn't look like he promotes a good feeling amongst the players and if the same thing happened here we could really be in deep trouble.
For that reason I'm out.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The bit that worries me the most about Sherwood are the reports that the Spurs players couldn't stand the bloke and threatened to walk out if he stayed. It doesn't look like he promotes a good feeling amongst the players and if the same thing happened here we could really be in deep trouble.
For that reason I'm out.

So you would rather listen to rumours instead of looking at his managerial record which is pretty decent for a short spell in charge?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
So you would rather listen to rumours instead of looking at his managerial record which is pretty decent for a short spell in charge?

Well its something that needs to be brought up at the interview I would think. I would imagine our Tony would also have a word with Levy or some of the other Directors at Spurs to check the validity.

As far as his managerial record is concerned he did little more than get Spurs down from challenging for a top 4 spot to being one of the also rans so I wouldn't think he has much to shout about just yet.

On the other hand if he's appointed then he gets mine and I'm sure the majority of fans, full support. I just think it needs looking at a bit more carefully than some on here suggest.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't really have an opinion on Sherwood, but aren't all of those "jokes" digs at players who he inherited rather than signed?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

You don't need rumours though, you just have to watch his post-match interviews slagging off his players all the time. I really dread the thought of him being in charge - although i'd be happy to br wrong about him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You don't need rumours though, you just have to watch his post-match interviews slagging off his players all the time. I really dread the thought of him being in charge - although i'd be happy to br wrong about him.
Can you provide a link to one of these videos? I'll be honest i haven't watched one video of him but that applies to most newish Premier league managers as i don't watch Premier league football or MOTD

Dec 29, 2011
Can you provide a link to one of these videos? I'll be honest i haven't watched one video of him but that applies to most newish Premier league managers as i don't watch Premier league football or MOTD

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+sherwood+interview

Most of the first 10 videos are criticizing someone, something, or the team. Seems he can't admit he got it wrong and likes to publicly lambast players. That'll do wonders for our already excellent team spirit and unity.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+sherwood+interview

Most of the first 10 videos are criticizing someone, something, or the team. Seems he can't admit he got it wrong and likes to publicly lambast players. That'll do wonders for our already excellent team spirit and unity.

Watched three videos and he comes across as a straight talking honest bloke if i'm honest. I like that. Still haven't found anything remotely controversial where he slates a player that was uncalled for.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I really hope this is true, he worries me greatly. It worries me more that so mamy want him based on no evidence

60% win ratio at Spurs with nearly all of the big name signings not playing.

Played attacking football.

Wasn't afraid to drop big name players, something Oscar wasn't always willing to do.

Brought through a handful of youth players during his short spell at the club.

Got Adebayor to look a decent footballer who was interested in what he was doing.

I don't get what people have against him tbh apart from the fact he can come across as a bit of a prick. It's football, not a popularity contest

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Talking to Spurs fans last night, I'm beginning to warn to the idea of Tim. He's certainly no 'yes man', gets players playing, ambitious, a point to prove...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here