Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you sack Richard Scudermore ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The world has gone mad. Who hasn't joked with their mates about women? It's pathetic all this faux outrage.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. No, I wouldn't.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well it's worse than Clarkson but only because there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Clarkson did or said. There's not a whole lot wrong with this either, a few quips about women in private emails. Whoop-di-fooking-do. Write an article when there is evidence of him actually discriminating against women and we can get outraged.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Those that have been looking for a way to get rid of him are jumping all over this

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes, without delay. Nothing to do with outrage, faux or otherwise; but on a strictly commercial basis. He's the CEO of a prestigious organisation and he's highly visible. He's brought the organisation he leads into the limelight in an extremely negative way. If he was the CEO of a large public company, he'd be gone within a week, and I predict he will be too, though it may take two weeks, given it's the PL.

It was his temporary PA who saw the email. He has been remarkably stupid to write such inflammatory things using a medium that can be read by an employee. If he had to write such things (...and it's only "banter", right?), why not use a strictly personal email account.

So, for the damage it will do the PL if he doesn't leave and for utter stupidity, he should and will (imo) go.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How come Blatter remains at his post despite all his famous gaffes ?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its getting to the point when its better to say no comment than risk your job which will ensure that our sports news is over taken by female presenters,lets have another program for womens sport for those who are interested

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes when you look at Peta Bistany, the Australian Premier League Planning and Projects Manager, against the dirty old man Scudamore and dirty old man West from DLA Piper.

To think of her on either of their shafts whilst being called Edna is very offensive.

Yes, without delay. Nothing to do with outrage, faux or otherwise; but on a strictly commercial basis. He's the CEO of a prestigious organisation and he's highly visible. He's brought the organisation he leads into the limelight in an extremely negative way. If he was the CEO of a large public company, he'd be gone within a week, and I predict he will be too, though it may take two weeks, given it's the PL.

It was his temporary PA who saw the email. He has been remarkably stupid to write such inflammatory things using a medium that can be read by an employee. If he had to write such things (...and it's only "banter", right?), why not use a strictly personal email account.

So, for the damage it will do the PL if he doesn't leave and for utter stupidity, he should and will (imo) go.

Absolutely.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be honest, from what I have seen, don't think there is too much in it but the bloke was a prize prat to put such stuff in an email! Question is, does he refer to any males in derogatory terms, if so then he is demonstrating equality. One wonders what gems might be found if they trawled through all the personal emails of some of the women that complain.

That said, might not be a bad thing if he did have to leave as he has been good at his job, maybe too good. Might serve football better if the Premier league was a bit weaker and the FA a bit stronger (although I'm no fan of Dyke either).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The world has gone mad. Who hasn't joked with their mates about women? It's pathetic all this faux outrage.

Which of your friends fronts an organisation of international importance and displays sexist and misogynistic tendencies?

Well it's worse than Clarkson but only because there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Clarkson did or said. There's not a whole lot wrong with this either, a few quips about women in private emails. Whoop-di-fooking-do. Write an article when there is evidence of him actually discriminating against women and we can get outraged.

I agree that the Clarkson thing was a nothing, but don't with the rest of it.

Agreed or *grittedteeth* This

How come Blatter remains at his post despite all his famous gaffes ?

Why did Shipman get done for his misdeads, but OJ Simpson not?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which of your friends fronts an organisation of international importance and displays sexist and misogynistic tendencies?

I agree that the Clarkson thing was a nothing, but don't with the rest of it.

Agreed or *grittedteeth* This

Why did Shipman get done for his misdeads, but OJ Simpson not?

Bit odd BoF, have you been at the Sherry ? Shipman ( Harold ) committed suicide thus avoiding being " done " while O J Simpson had his time in court and managed to convice a jury of his innocence. Besides, this is a matter of some derogatory sexist comments, not sure if it can be ranked alongside the alleged crimes of Shipman/OJ ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here