Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Band Needed

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I am trying to find a good band / music / entertainment for a party in Sussex in July. Be very grateful for any good suggestions, urls or links to previous posts that I have missed with this kind of information.
Cheers NSC

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
What sort of music would most suit.
Not sure it matters that much, but something people can dance to. There's a cross section of ages, tastes and backgrounds attending. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Cheers

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
Another vote for In Yer Face - played at our wedding in 97 & still going strong (them & us I'm pleased to say).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I am trying to find a good band / music / entertainment for a party in Sussex in July. Be very grateful for any good suggestions, urls or links to previous posts that I have missed with this kind of information.
Cheers NSC

Worthing band Pier Pressure are cheap and brilliant. They do all types of songs but in a Ska Genre.

Probably some better clips but here goes

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
Not a band but I recommend an excellent DJ- on Facebook 'Dr Love Vinyl Revival'. Traditional vinyl psychedelic DJ, caters for connoisseurs of rock and soul, ska and funk, glam and punk. Also does a separate, more chilled DJ set known as the 'Grammy Brothers'using gramophones. Shellac and vinyl recordings. 'Available anyway, anyhow, anywhere you choose'. It's not letting me link to the site but I have contact phone numbers if needed and he has a page on Facebook.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Are Brighton Hype, otherwise known as the Dave band still around?

Pretty sure the lead singer is an Albion fan, they were excellent at my friend' wedding.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Going to see this band tomorrow night at The Royal Oak Worthing. A relative plays the keyboards.
The Soulsmiths. Here is a montage of their songs.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
My friends band The Aim are pretty good! Can find them on Facebook and I can send you his details if you need them? PM me if you want more details

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Are Brighton Hype, otherwise known as the Dave band still around?

Pretty sure the lead singer is an Albion fan, they were excellent at my friend' wedding.

Sadly not, they split due to 'musical differences'.

My older brother was the lead singer, and the infamous bloke in the 'beige jacket' from the kerfuffle in the North Stand last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here