Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Jonesy will apply for the job?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A Marmite figure on NSC but:

Young coach highly regarded at Charlton
The hands-on day-to-day coach who got us to the play offs
Spiky
Passionate
English (almost) first language

Battens down hatches... Prepares for incoming!

I know a bloke who is called Jonesy, he is a complete and utter moron with no friends and even less of a life.

So on that basis only. NO.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I hope not. Ever since that game at Yeovil when he stood in the goal celebrating against us I've convinced myself he is rubbish no matter how highly thought of he may be by actual professionals within the industry who know far more than I do

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like to see a bit of ambition. Therefore, I sort-of hope he does. Just as long as he is grown-up enough to knuckle down in his current role if he doesn't get the job.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A Marmite figure on NSC but:

Young coach highly regarded at Charlton
The hands-on day-to-day coach who got us to the play offs
Spiky
Passionate
English (almost) first language

Battens down hatches... Prepares for incoming!

That's a really interesting question. Leaving aside whether he'd be welcomed on NSC (looks like he wouldn't and it would be a "no" from me"), he has a big decision to make.

If he does apply and doesn't get the gig, he'd pretty much have to leave after the new person came in - no new manager would want a number two who had declared his hand in wanting the top spot. Of course, on the other hand, if he doesn't apply, the new person might well push him out anyway, bringing in their own team.

I would imagine that his best approach would be to pose a hypothetical to TB: "Tony, would you welcome an application from me?" type of question. I think that TB would give him a straight answer...

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If he does apply and doesn't get the gig, he'd pretty much have to leave after the new person came in - no new manager would want a number two who had declared his hand in wanting the top spot.

You mean like Bob Booker on virtually every occasion the job came up when he was number two?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I expect him to apply. I don't expect him to get it. That's purely a barely educated guess though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he probably deserves more credit than he gets on here.

Oscars was so hands off, and therefore a lot of our success of reaching the play offs despite injuries etc must be down to Jones.

But don't mention Obika who was clearly one of his signings.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think he probably deserves more credit than he gets on here.

Oscars advert hands off, and therefore a lot othr success of reaching the okay offs despite injuries etc must be down to Jones.

But don't mention Obika who was clearly one of his signings.

Can we mention him but add that Jones' input led to Stephens signing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here