Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] LEO: WE FOUGHT UNTIL THE END

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ulloa-l229-1348814_478x359.jpg

Ulloa reels away after heading Albion in front

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Leo Ulloa says that Brighton & Hove Albion fought until the very end of the season in their bid to reach the Premier League.

Ulloa’s stoppage-time winner against Nottingham Forest secured a play-off place, but Albion were ultimately beaten by Derby County over two legs, losing 6-2 on aggregate.Despite a disappointing end to the campaign, the Argentine remains upbeat in his assessment of the season and insists there are many positives to take from the campaign.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We got through the doors of the play-offs and fought until the end.
“It didn’t end up as we wanted it to. We wanted to get to the final, go to Wembley and get promoted.
“But, when we reflect a bit more and think back about the whole season, the truth is that it was very good.
“We had players out injured and those not being at 100 per cent when they played because of an accumulation of injuries.
“All of us can look back and think it was a good season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Leo is also pleased with the role he played in helping the team finish in the top six, netting 14 league goals despite spending three months out with a broken bone in his foot.“It was really pleasing to get into the play-offs, which was our first target, and I think my goals were important in that.
*“I would have liked to score more goals to help the team, but I have to bear in mind I was injured for three months. After that it took me time to regain my rhythm and form.
“I would have liked to be better in certain games and when I had certain chances to score.
“But, in general terms, I am satisfied with what I did. That’s the right word. Not totally happy because I think I could have done better, but I’m satisfied."
The forward also paid tribute to former head coach Oscar Garcia and believes he always put the players first in all of his decisions.
“He always wanted to do the best he could and think about what was best for us as players.
“He’s calm. That is his way of being and I think that helped us as lot. It helped him to keep his cool and make the right decisions.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here