Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the new manager have much of a say so and other questions .....

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I feel that I have just watched a season of difficult and somewhat frustrating football - I missed 1 home game . I thought that this was to be justified as Oscars second season would allow him to express himself , sign some new players of his liking and we could then move forward . However he clearly felt his hands were tied . So that was a waste of a lot of peoples time then - we have ended up exactly where we were one year ago . Brilliant ! I suppose it could have been worse though.

Yes we've cone along way and congratulations to all who have worked so effectively and so hard over the years - however expectations are now high and rightly so with a huge investment of time and money from the local community . How can a quality manager take us to the next stage if the squad of players if chosen by other individuals ? Would a new manager have kept Orlandi for instance ? Clearly a player of some quality who could have had a great season with us next year . Players are now being sourced by Nathan Jones and David Burke it would appear - but what if the new manger wants to bring in their own backroom staff ?Clearly they would probably want that if they were an established and proven manager . Does this rule out such an individual ? Will it be someone who has little say in the construction and make up of the squad ? If this is the case how can we move forward ? It is an almost impossible "ask" when one individual is instrumental in the choosing of players and another responsible for the management of them . No more players should be signed or released until the new manager is in place , the new manager should be given full responsibility for a " wish list " of players , a budget to operate within and a plan that's more than one year in length . Otherwise we are just going to go through the same every year - scrape in to the playoffs and not be quite good enough . Do we want to go up ? do we really ? I do wonder what the plan is inside Mr Blooms head - I am sure there is one but at the moment those cards are a bit too close to the chest . So the structure at the top needs a rethink as there appears to be a problem - are we going to change that and let a manager manage properly or are we just going to continue in the same fashion ? It's time for people at the top to focus on their responsibilities and stop meddling in others . It's seems there's a "too many cooks " situation going on.

So sort it out chaps - we all behind you really . We want to go up and we need to get on with it .

Expectations and support are still high but they won't remain that way for ever ......

I feel much better now !! Cheers and enjoy the summer - yes it's summer !! No football for at least three weeks !!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I feel that I have just watched a season of difficult and somewhat frustrating football - I missed 1 home game . I thought that this was to be justified as Oscars second season would allow him to express himself , sign some new players of his liking and we could then move forward . However he clearly felt his hands were tied . So that was a waste of a lot of peoples time then - we have ended up exactly where we were one year ago . Brilliant ! I suppose it could have been worse though.

Yes we've cone along way and congratulations to all who have worked so effectively and so hard over the years - however expectations are now high and rightly so with a huge investment of time and money from the local community . How can a quality manager take us to the next stage if the squad of players if chosen by other individuals ? Would a new manager have kept Orlandi for instance ? Clearly a player of some quality who could have had a great season with us next year . Players are now being sourced by Nathan Jones and David Burke it would appear - but what if the new manger wants to bring in their own backroom staff ?Clearly they would probably want that if they were an established and proven manager . Does this rule out such an individual ? Will it be someone who has little say in the construction and make up of the squad ? If this is the case how can we move forward ? It is an almost impossible "ask" when one individual is instrumental in the choosing of players and another responsible for the management of them . No more players should be signed or released until the new manager is in place , the new manager should be given full responsibility for a " wish list " of players , a budget to operate within and a plan that's more than one year in length . Otherwise we are just going to go through the same every year - scrape in to the playoffs and not be quite good enough . Do we want to go up ? do we really ? I do wonder what the plan is inside Mr Blooms head - I am sure there is one but at the moment those cards are a bit too close to the chest . So the structure at the top needs a rethink as there appears to be a problem - are we going to change that and let a manager manage properly or are we just going to continue in the same fashion ? It's time for people at the top to focus on their responsibilities and stop meddling in others . It's seems there's a "too many cooks " situation going on.

So sort it out chaps - we all behind you really . We want to go up and we need to get on with it .

Expectations and support are still high but they won't remain that way for ever ......

I feel much better now !! Cheers and enjoy the summer - yes it's summer !! No football for at least three weeks !!

Fine post :thumbsup:

The one thing we do know that being a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion is never dull! Looking forward to the announcement of a manager that can take us forward, and harmony in the camp, as we have an exciting campaign in 2014/15 :albion2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nah we're well behind where we were this time last season, the squad is a lot weaker now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah we're well behind where we were this time last season, the squad is a lot weaker now.

We've cleared out some of the deadwood , time to replace with better players.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Surely any new manager would iron these details out, before they signed on the dotted line???

If they weren't happy with the setup being offered to them, then they'd run a mile, no? Especially if they couldn't bring their own backroom staff

In the same way Oscar knew what he was signing up to - maybe the goalposts were moved (metaphorically speaking), but he still reached the club's target (top 6/play-offs) under such 'constraints'. If push came to shove, I think he would still have done well next season, given whatever resources he had at his disposal. His handling of the long injury list goes to show that – not forgetting to give credit to the players themselves that stepped up to the plate. No reason why the new guy couldn't do the same :shrug:

You seem to make a lot of assumptions, but I'm sure TB and his small group of men in the know have it all in hand. Three seasons in the championship, finishing 10th, 4th and 6th, is hardly constitutes a 're-think' of the structure, or for people to 'stop meddling' (I wasn't aware that anyone was?).

Just go and enjoy the summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here