Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackay it seems........................ is not coming to the Albion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sherwood had the resources of a top Premier League team at his disposal and still got sacked. How would he deal with a FFP prudent budget?

Since he didn't use any of those resources in his one transfer window in charge and chose to promote home-grown players over big-money signings, I'd say he'd deal with it pretty well.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I would like Sherwood as manager. I think Malky had some merit but not sure how effective he would be in meeting the club longer term aims.

Given Bloom's comments around Garcia 's closed persona, someone with his heart on his sleeve like Gus but not as volatile may work. Especially if he has a wish to promote and develop youth products

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Resources doesn't just mean money. It means players, coaches and facilities. His squad was already full of top players. He has also been slated for his tactical naivety on many occasions in his short reign. I'm not quite sure why everyone is so excited about him.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Resources doesn't just mean money. It means players, coaches and facilities. His squad was already full of top players. He has also been slated for his tactical naivety on many occasions in his short reign. I'm not quite sure why everyone is so excited about him.

I feel compelled to agree,.... I cant help thinking that with a squad worth £200 million or thereabouts, any half decent manager could get them in the top 10 of almost any league. I would worry if he emerges as Tony's choice. This Clement is starting to tick boxes for me, not that I know much about him.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm not quite sure why everyone is so excited about him.

His youth. His dedication and ambition (so burning are these that he may even consider getting qualified to do the job one day). His Englishness (this is so important that I can't even begin to tell you why. The fact that, while less brave managers might hide behind considered answers to questions, he's quite prepared to be refreshing and honest in his rush to loudly blame others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He could have been decent for us, but the big suspicion is that he is a 'money manager', which doesn't fit for us at the moment.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

edit, wrong thread

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
His youth. His dedication and ambition (so burning are these that he may even consider getting qualified to do the job one day). His Englishness (this is so important that I can't even begin to tell you why. The fact that, while less brave managers might hide behind considered answers to questions, he's quite prepared to be refreshing and honest in his rush to loudly blame others.

Why on earth do we want a loudmouth with little tackle knowledge here? Our player recruitment selection is not going to change and all he is going to do is use it as an excuse for every single result. Englishness means not much when there is little else to back it up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why on earth do we want a loudmouth with little tackle knowledge here? Our player recruitment selection is not going to change and all he is going to do is use it as an excuse for every single result. Englishness means not much when there is little else to back it up.

I think you might be missing some sarcasm in shatner's bassoon's post. (Or maybe I'm projecting).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

:lolol:
I hope the other 135 of your posts are dripping in similar amounts of sarcasm.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm really gutted about Mackay turning us down. Would have loved to have seen Cornelius and Ulloa up top together next season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mackay is keeping his powder dry. I guess he is waiting to see if a Premier League vacancy suits him better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here