• Clement

Votes: 121 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Seeing as no-one had ever heard of Clement, there must be something in this.

I don't think there is anything in it. Apart from a thread about him on NSC I can't see any substance behind all the excitement. Certainly no basis for him being 2nd favourite for the role.

Stumpy Tim

Both are a gamble. Clement clearly has amazing contacts in the game, and as long as he uses them (unlike Oscar!) then he could be a good choice. Sherwood would be a decent choice too, and less of a gamble as he has managed before and did a decent job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clement but we will have to wait a few weeks to get him.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Not sure about either to be honest. Sherwood seems a bit of a loose cannon and would the players respect Clement as he did not play higher than non-league? Just asking - don't want a Moyes situation here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can someone give me a run down of what Clement has actually done in the game, so I can be better informed

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Jose Mourinho never played football at a very high level, and was a PE teacher before becoming a football coach, lots of parallels between him and Clement.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Can someone give me a run down of what Clement has actually done in the game, so I can be better informed

He was academy coach at Chelsea then Fulham. Became a Rep of Ireland U-21 coach, then went back to Chelsea as a coach before being an assistant coach at Blackburn, PSG and now Real Madrid so he's worked with quite a lot of big name players and has worked under Carlo Ancelloti 3 times. Has held a UEFA A licence since 1999.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Is that the best we can do as to why he should come here...

No, but people are quick to dismiss him because he never played pro football, but that really doesn't matter in the long term as plenty of decent managers never played football at a particularly high level, Arsene Wenger never had a glittering pro career. John Barnes played pro football do you want him managing us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here