Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuel draining service needed - recommendations please

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The wife, no seriously it really was the wife, yes I know you're all thinking it would have been me, but no it really was the wife has put £80 worth of unleaded petrol fuel....

in our diesel car....:eek::dunce:

Anyway, it cut out after a mile (hopefully an engine management shut down), and I now need it drained. Any recommendations for a mobile person to come out? I'm near Portslade station.

There seems to be a large range of various franchise type operations, just thought I'd ask NSC first.

many thanks

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Kill her. Buy new car with insurance money. No worries.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
this seems to be getting a regualr thing with people now, in the last 2 weeks i have drained 4 cars from the wrong fuel being put in

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have you tried AA/RAC/Greenflag. Heard an advert this week that one of them (can't remember which) offered free mis fuel call outs

Edit: assume members only

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have you tried AA/RAC/Greenflag. Heard an advert this week that one of them (can't remember which) offered free mis fuel call outs

Edit: assume members only

Green Flag seem to be bigging up that service on the Tellybox at the moment.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think its better that way round Petrol into diesel - A few years back you could add diesel and probably get away with it - not so sure with £80's worth and modern engines.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
My current and last two cars had special fuel caps that didn't allow you to put the wrong nozzle in. I'm pretty ditzy when it comes to stuff like that, but I can't imagine how you would even make that mistake. Alas lot's of people seem to, and now there's even an ad on TV about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think its better that way round Petrol into diesel - A few years back you could add diesel and probably get away with it - not so sure with £80's worth and modern engines.

This happened to us twice once me and once the wife fortunately on both occasions we realised while fillling and had put less than £30 in so just filled up with diesel and then ran about 100 miles and refilled with diesel no problem. First time was me when we filled up to come home from away game at Hartlepool so refilled twice on the way home. 2nd time was wife and we were just going home from Asda at Hollingbury so went via Southampton to use the fuel and then refilled. Luckily all went well with no problems.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The wife, no seriously it really was the wife, yes I know you're all thinking it would have been me, but no it really was the wife has put £80 worth of unleaded petrol fuel....

in our diesel car....:eek::dunce:

Anyway, it cut out after a mile (hopefully an engine management shut down), and I now need it drained. Any recommendations for a mobile person to come out? I'm near Portslade station.

There seems to be a large range of various franchise type operations, just thought I'd ask NSC first.

many thanks
LOL

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Slightly odd question but what happens to the £80 petrol you filled up with? Can this be syphoned (sp) out and put in a petrol car or because it has mixed with diesel in your fuel tank does it need to be disposed of?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Slightly odd question but what happens to the £80 petrol you filled up with? Can this be syphoned (sp) out and put in a petrol car or because it has mixed with diesel in your fuel tank does it need to be disposed of?

I 'd wager than 'fuel doctor' have two vehicles, one diesel, one petrol?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here