Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First signing of the season ???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I will start the ball rolling with Assombalonga from The Posh !
Great striker 35 goals I believe this season, big, fast, powerful lad
unfortunately bound to have caught the eyes of Premier League scouts.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Would be a cracking signing but I suspect that his signature would cost us more than we'd want to pay plus, as you point out, he's probably got some serious attention now...obviously I could be wrong!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
And the great thing is, when he gets knocked down, he gets back up again, you're never going to keep him down.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I will start the ball rolling with Assombalonga from The Posh !
Great striker 35 goals I believe this season, big, fast, powerful lad
unfortunately bound to have caught the eyes of Premier League scouts.

Didnt look anything special against Orient the other evening

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Teams like Peterborough who play gung ho are always going to have strikers banging in 20+ goals. Put Assombalonga in a team who play a more patient game and what do you get?

CMS number 2.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Who's that man Assombalonga, who's that man we all adore?
He scores a goal a game and from Peterborough he came,
And we don't mention Leo any more.

Oh, he hasn't left? Scrap that one then.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Will cost us a few pennys, posh don't sell their strikers on the cheap.

Quite. Having managed to get £6m for Gayle I guess Posh will also fancy a tidy sum for Assombalonga. However he didn't look that special the other night, unlike the form CMS showed for them in the play offs a few years back...........

Posh also did quite well on the deals for Boyd, Tomlin and CMS so will probably ask for far more than we might be willing to pay (assuming we are even interested, the OP was just throwing in his name to kick off a debate on here). On the other hand Posh may need to be careful now they are facing another season in League 1 and also have an expensive new stand to pay for.

It will be very interesting to see what sort of budget is made available for The Albion's new manager, whether it means we have to dip into the lower leagues for better value - or maybe continue to recruit loanees like Lingard and Obika. I know loanees aren't the ideal option, still make a hit on the wage bill and are no guarantee of success (Obika) - but at least we might get an up and coming Prem player hungry for match practice for example like Harry Kane, rather than blow our budget on someone not up to Championship standard.

I guess it hinges on what influence the new manager wants to exert over David Burke, what contacts he has, especially if from a Prem background and importantly which attacking formation he prefers. If it is only 1 striker up front (hope not) then there might be other priorities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here