Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ticks all the right boxes:

Recently retired from top of the game
FLAIR
Spanish
High pedigree

Sort it out Tony. It will allow Nathan to head over to some more Barca B matches which, at minimum, will keep him away from the first team for a bit

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Genuinely never realised that and always assumed it was Carlos. Does that make me a little racist?

:lolol:

He's Catalan, Carles is just the Catalan equivalent of Carlos - you see it with a lot of Catalan names, they're just slightly different than the Castilian versions - for example If Xavi wasn't Catalan, he'd be called Javi instead (Javier instead of Xavier) or if Francesc Fabregas wasn't Catalan his name would probably be Francisco. No big deal, just one of those things. :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

He's Catalan, Carles is just the Catalan equivalent of Carlos - you see it with a lot of Catalan names, they're just slightly different than the Castilian versions - for example If Xavi wasn't Catalan, he'd be called Javi instead (Javier instead of Xavier) or if Francesc Fabregas wasn't Catalan his name would probably be Francisco. No big deal, just one of those things. :thumbsup:

A bit like Glenn changing to Judas?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Cheers for that, always wondered why that was! Learn something new every day....

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Ticks all the right boxes:

Recently retired from top of the game
FLAIR
Spanish
High pedigree

Sort it out Tony. It will allow Nathan to head over to some more Barca B matches which, at minimum, will keep him away from the first team for a bit

...... and no experience whatsoever at management level..... no thanks!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Third time ( latin ) lucky ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who is your preferred choice, Kev? Genuine question.

My number 1 choice for getting some blood pumping and a bit of spirit back in the side would be Warnock. But taking a long term view I think Sherwood would be perfect. He is young, ambitious, plays the right way, has experience of this division as a player in a championship winning side and will have the respect of the players. Done an excellent job for half a year at Spurs, despite there array of so called superstar egos. I think we would be very lucky to get him.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ok, so it almost definitely won't be Carles, I just saw him on SSN and thought I'd throw the name out there seeing as we are being linked with every other player/coach/manager!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here