Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know it's Xmas but I think he should be severely reprimanded or sacked and so should his bosses... That is completely wrong, the selfish ****.

Bet he was blaming Boris for this COVID mess. Selfish b******

How the hell was the selfish **** allowed to stay at work ?
The bosses should have made him leave immediately.
Glad you are negative- enjoy your Christmas

Thanks.

Unsure really as luckily I wasn't in, but apparently he was joking about it and now his selfishness has caused 4 of our team to not see their families over Christmas. Management seem to not be too fussed, so it's opened my eyes up and I'll be thinking differently about the how they go about such situations in the future.

My flatmate, who I also work with, is still at home isolating with COVID symptoms and has felt worse the last two days, he missed seeing all family over Christmas, luckily they came to the window and said hello etc. Still no apology from work, or the said colleague who spread it.

I'm very annoyed about it and for those affected too, so I'm pleased we are not going in anytime soon, because I just know I'll speak my mind on the matter and it would probably land me in trouble.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Umm, going to the lunches and boozy evenings and relaxing covid compliance when you knew you were going to spend Christmas with your family puts you in bell cheese camp doesn’t it ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Right up there with the best of them. My thoughts precisely.
Edit: just read the posts below and realise he went home. Although it did sound as if he had stayed at first.

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Can I in total frustration talk about most of corporate Britain: Yes your company:

I am not after their money, or yours, just the opportunity to add to the £504K in donations already raised, so any help introducing us to the appropriate colleague would help.

One Sporting World (OSW) is a new global CSR initiative from the UK’s Legacy 300 project which at no cost or workload to corporates links athletes to support your choice of charity. If you are supporting a good cause, OSW aims to enhance your corporate’s CSR / Fundraising totals using experience days to encourage donations to your chosen charity. There is no direct cost to your company and no workload.

In its crudest business term – this is a risk free bet for corporates using athletes to enhance the money you raise for your corporates chosen charity adding to the £503K already raised in donations. At worst, the charity still receives 100% of the sum you have already raised for them, as explained via www.onesportingworld.com .

The first three examples of OSW are detailed on https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/potential-reassurance-underpins-osw-debut-david-cotton/ though it mirrors the 596 times already illustrated by the Legacy 300 project.

This contains examples such as...

Example One: November 27th 2020 USB Charity Team informed us.

• £450 experience day entry fees allocated by corporate from its existing internal fundraising.
• £1260 reached at auction operated by charity, from the experience days purchased by their supporters.
• OSW receives £450 in supporters purchased entry fees
• Charity receives £810 in supporters donations + eventually the existing £450 from corporates end of year totals = £1260
• Corporates by adding the donation turns their £450 into £1260 when calculating end of year totals.

To confirm once again, that if they not sell, the cause will still receive 100% of the original money you have raised for it. This is now the 595th time we have multiplied entry fees to these days.

So what am I doing wrong here? This can be used to support ANY good cause in Sussex, UK and eventually most of the world, at no cost to the company?

Three months in over 190 companies have failed to respond to phone calls, phone messages, and emails so any advice for dealing with these currently regarded as Bell Cheeses would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Billy

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can I in total frustration talk about most of corporate Britain: Yes your company:

I am not after their money, or yours, just the opportunity to add to the £504K in donations already raised, so any help introducing us to the appropriate colleague would help.

One Sporting World (OSW) is a new global CSR initiative from the UK’s Legacy 300 project which at no cost or workload to corporates links athletes to support your choice of charity. If you are supporting a good cause, OSW aims to enhance your corporate’s CSR / Fundraising totals using experience days to encourage donations to your chosen charity. There is no direct cost to your company and no workload.

In its crudest business term – this is a risk free bet for corporates using athletes to enhance the money you raise for your corporates chosen charity adding to the £503K already raised in donations. At worst, the charity still receives 100% of the sum you have already raised for them, as explained via www.onesportingworld.com .

The first three examples of OSW are detailed on https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/potential-reassurance-underpins-osw-debut-david-cotton/ though it mirrors the 596 times already illustrated by the Legacy 300 project��.

This contains examples such as...

Example One: November 27th 2020 USB Charity Team informed us.

• £450 experience day entry fees allocated by corporate from its existing internal fundraising.
• £1260 reached at auction operated by charity, from the experience days purchased by their supporters.
• OSW receives £450 in supporters purchased entry fees
• Charity receives £810 in supporters donations + eventually the existing £450 from corporates end of year totals = £1260
• Corporates by adding the donation turns their £450 into £1260 when calculating end of year totals.

To confirm once again, that if they not sell, the cause will still receive 100% of the original money you have raised for it. This is now the 595th time we have multiplied entry fees to these days.

So what am I doing wrong here? This can be used to support ANY good cause in Sussex, UK and eventually most of the world, at no cost to the company?

Three months in over 190 companies have failed to respond to phone calls, phone messages, and emails so any advice for dealing with these currently regarded as Bell Cheeses would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Billy

As an idea perhaps a lot of these Bell Cheeses might just be attempting to keep their business going, and haven't got the time to look into anything not a priority to their core business interests

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As an idea perhaps a lot of these Bell Cheeses might just be attempting to keep their business going, and haven't got the time to look into anything not a priority to their core business interests

Agreed if they were not HUGE companies and I have tried to steer clear of the sector's with evident problems.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Sorry all was just frustrated...point taken...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
A new upper echelon senior management phrase to add to the bell cheese dictionary:

Laser focus - to describe you know looking at something in incredible detail. Often used in conjunction with a dull James Bond pun to hammer home the point that if you don’t take it seriously then you can expect to be on a table with the laser pointed at your balls.

Seen with increasing regularity now we have a YANK as our particular line of business CEO.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This morning, I suspect my colleagues will be deeming me as the bell cheese.

There are six other people working in the entire building - usually 100+ pre-COVID

4x Liverpool fans
1 Spurs
1 Leeds

The dress code is "please wear clothes", weather clearly isn't good enough for Full Kit Wanker even if actually owned the lower half, but shirt, hoodie and jacket have all been dug up

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
This morning, I suspect my colleagues will be deeming me as the bell cheese.

There are six other people working in the entire building - usually 100+ pre-COVID

4x Liverpool fans
1 Spurs
1 Leeds

The dress code is "please wear clothes", weather clearly isn't good enough for Full Kit Wanker even if actually owned the lower half, but shirt, hoodie and jacket have all been dug up

Well done. Hope you had fun and are still alive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So we're all WFH, and a few weeks back, one of the office BINTS floated the idea of us all (by all I mean about 6-7 of us) "meeting up" once a week on a Friday lunchtime on Teams for 45 minutes (12.15 - 1.00), for an unofficial non work-related catchup "chat".

Frankly I recoiled at the idea, but I was late to the chat message and before I could say "frankly I'd rather contract type-2 diabetes", the office Doris's had already proclaimed what a GREAT idea it was, and these "meets" were duly plumbed into all our Outlook calendars faster than a Connolly strike high into the back of the stands.

I've managed to swerve the first few. "The missus is off - we have to do Tesco this lunch". "I've got some errands to run in town". "I seem to have developed an aggressive and debilitating aneurysm". But today I basically ran out of excuses and had to log on for one. And my life, as I knew it would be, what an UTTER waste of time. We all sat their gurning into our webcams, desperately trying to think of something to say. Conversation invariably always turned to their KIDS ("can't wait for them to go back to school / Emma drew a tree / Christoph made his own breakfast and put cheese in his granola! hahahaha"), you get the idea. 45 minutes of this excruciating DRECK.

And you know the most AGGRAVATING thing of all ? The useless BINT who came up with this bloody idea, and shoved it on all our calendars, (a) unlike everyone else didn't even have her camera on, and (b) actually said the square root of F*CK ALL throughout the ENTIRE meeting. Totally silent, aside from a cough now and then (I briefly considered hoping it was covid). She's not smart enough to be on a wind-up, she has all the wit and social skills of a spotty 15 year-old bedroom recluse who's single interest is Warhammer. So I can only assume she gets off on watching the rest of us trapped in the most boring meetings imaginable, being as none of us has been anywhere, or done anything, for cuffing MONTHS.

Any new excuses for missing next weeks shithouse meeting will be gratefully received.

Sake.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
So we're all WFH, and a few weeks back, one of the office BINTS floated the idea of us all (by all I mean about 6-7 of us) "meeting up" once a week on a Friday lunchtime on Teams for 45 minutes (12.15 - 1.00), for an unofficial non work-related catchup "chat".

Frankly I recoiled at the idea, but I was late to the chat message and before I could say "frankly I'd rather contract type-2 diabetes", the office Doris's had already proclaimed what a GREAT idea it was, and these "meets" were duly plumbed into all our Outlook calendars faster than a Connolly strike high into the back of the stands.

I've managed to swerve the first few. "The missus is off - we have to do Tesco this lunch". "I've got some errands to run in town". "I seem to have developed an aggressive and debilitating aneurysm". But today I basically ran out of excuses and had to log on for one. And my life, as I knew it would be, what an UTTER waste of time. We all sat their gurning into our webcams, desperately trying to think of something to say. Conversation invariably always turned to their KIDS ("can't wait for them to go back to school / Emma drew a tree / Christoph made his own breakfast and put cheese in his granola! hahahaha"), you get the idea. 45 minutes of this excruciating DRECK.

And you know the most AGGRAVATING thing of all ? The useless BINT who came up with this bloody idea, and shoved it on all our calendars, (a) unlike everyone else didn't even have her camera on, and (b) actually said the square root of F*CK ALL throughout the ENTIRE meeting. Totally silent, aside from a cough now and then (I briefly considered hoping it was covid). She's not smart enough to be on a wind-up, she has all the wit and social skills of a spotty 15 year-old bedroom recluse who's single interest is Warhammer. So I can only assume she gets off on watching the rest of us trapped in the most boring meetings imaginable, being as none of us has been anywhere, or done anything, for cuffing MONTHS.

Any new excuses for missing next weeks shithouse meeting will be gratefully received.

Sake.

Leave us Warhammer loving recluses out of this!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Sake.

Next week best just turn the WiFi off for a hour and enjoy the peace and quiet.

You have my deepest sympathies - sounds painful beyond believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here