Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As it stands, our team for next season...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
GK: Ankergran or Walton

LB: Chicksen
CB: Upson
CB: Greer (c)
RB: Bruno

CM: Stephens
CM: Crofts
CM: Ince (Or CMS with a 4-4-2 formation)

LF: LuaLua
CF: Ulloa
RF: Buckley

Probably too early to start worrying, but a lot of work is needed. AT LEAST 6-7 good players needed to get our squad up to 'competitive' standard.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That actually looks pretty decent to me. Pop in Ward for Chicksen and Federici at GK and looks good.
Zero depth though and, obviously, Buckers and Kaz won't be able to play more than two matches together without at least one getting injured.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
To be fair, get a keeper and a left back (or shove Calderon there) and that's not a bad team. - obviously a big lack of squad depth though

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
To be fair, get a keeper and a left back (or shove Calderon there) and that's not a bad team. - obviously a big lack of squad depth though

Yeah first team looks okay. But it's only 2-3 injuries away from frailty. Our bench with that team would be like: Walton, Dunk, Calderon, March, JFC, CMS / Ince, Monakana / Agustien... with literally no other choices lol

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree that Solly could pop in there. Also, what about Calde? Surely he's got more to give.

It's not too bad. I actually feel a bit better.

PS Will Buckley, please get yourself fit! No KFC's with CMS ok?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I would think most clubs will have wafer thin squads over the next few weeks as they will have all released a number of players. Start worriyng in August

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Bruno and Upson haven't singed yet.

Lua Lua's having a strop.

Ulloa will go if the money's right.

Buckley will be hamstrung.

We're doomed. :(

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
JFC over Crofts every day for me.

Really? This season JCF was forced into starting many games because of injuries, as a result, I felt the team suffered. He's a promising prospect, but not ready for consistent Championship performances for a side challenging for promotion. For me, Crofts is better. Because he has the experience and the ability, and I actually thought he was playing very well before the injury.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Really? This season JCF was forced into starting many games because of injuries, as a result, I felt the team suffered. He's a promising prospect, but not ready for consistent Championship performances for a side challenging for promotion. For me, Crofts is better. Because he has the experience and the ability, and I actually thought he was playing very well before the injury.

Crofts is not required in my opinion in a side that contains Ince and Stephens.

JFC will get better and better and is a much much better footballer than Crofts.

Give youth a chance and we will be hansomely rewarded.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just looked it up Liverpool won the 85-86 title and used 16 players during the season ! (Only 11 per match though -before you start)

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
You'd rather have JFC playing than Crofts, Ince or Stephens?

Not over Crofts or Ince but possibly over Stephens. And I would be looking to give Solly a few more starts on the Right wing over Lua Lua and move Buckley to the Left Wing. Then shuffle around as required.

All of this of course based on the 'How the team looks now'

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

JFC will get better and better and is a much much better footballer than Crofts.

Really? Crofts was our best player during the first half of the season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Centre midfield we have some depth with JFC, and Kemy.

Wings, just March in reserve, but the guy from Preston could get promoted.

Defence is same as last year, hopefully another centre back from youth gets promoted.

Need one GK, one LB, one creative midfielder, one pacey midfielder and two strikers, assuming all players are retained.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
GK: Ankergran or Walton

LB: Chicksen
CB: Upson
CB: Greer (c)
RB: Bruno

CM: Stephens
CM: Crofts
CM: Ince (Or CMS with a 4-4-2 formation)

LF: LuaLua
CF: Ulloa
RF: Buckley

Probably too early to start worrying, but a lot of work is needed. AT LEAST 6-7 good players needed to get our squad up to 'competitive' standard.

Have Ankergren, Calderon, Bruno and Upson signed the deals we've offered? Have we actually offered them deals yet or just told them we intend to?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Give youth a chance and we will be hansomely rewarded.

I thought Crofts had been player of the season until he got injured. JFC is too lightweight at the moment, brushed aside and anonymous in far too many games. Will he come good? Who knows but at the moment he is not a better player for us than Crofts imo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here