Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had Garcia not jumped....

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
....listening to Bloom's interview yesterday I wonder if he may have been pushed anyway.
You cannot have one of the most senior managers in your organisation having 'communication difficulties' into the board. In ANY industry.
Also begs the question if he had communication problems upwards did he have them downwards too? Might explain why half the team looked like total strangers half the time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Apparently he liked to delegate.

It must have been tough for the players to go from being frequently man handled and having their ears tasted by a passionate Gus, to then getting second hand instructions from Nathan Jones.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I can imagine what a difference those two sets of circumstances could make to a player.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Apparently he liked to delegate.

It must have been tough for the players to go from being frequently man handled and having their ears tasted by a passionate Gus, to then getting second hand instructions from Nathan Jones.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I can imagine what a difference those two sets of circumstances could make to a player.

I can see the dressing room now:

Oscar (in Spanish): I want us to play Lingard as close to Leo as possible, play fast attacking football and really play at a high tempo

Jonesy: Alright lads, the boss has said he wants you to play the ball slowly from the back and Jess - I want you playing deep try jumping up and down infront of big Tom to see if it puts the Derby players off like we did against Forest.

Oscar (in Spanish): Ask Bucka how his hamstring is

Jonesy: Can you run Will?

Buckley: Yes but I'm in pain and I don't think I should play - maybe play Kaz or Macca?

Jonesy: Oscar, Buckley's said he is fit and raring to go.

Greer: Wat ye sayin ye Welsh fanny...Och aye...Even I feel stiff as a haggis with an erection

Jonesy: Oscar, Greers said something I don't understand - I think he said that they can take away our one goal lead, but they'll never take his freedom.

Garcia (in English this time): Koosh you play well...I need new house soon and need Polish builder. (Now in Spanish) Jonesy, how do you tell Andrews we are buying a one way ticket from Derby to Bolton? Otherwise he'll miss the coach doors and end up in the luggage compartment underneath the coach again!

...Meanwhile, Agustein just sits in the corner with his Big Mac dismayed that he is even on the bench.

Oscar(In Spanish): Ok lads do yourselves proud and play with pride.

Jonesy: Alright there, what's occuring? lets go and make oursevles look shit on the telly!

Kaz: LOL PMSL #wifmybruddahs

Dec 29, 2011
....listening to Bloom's interview yesterday I wonder if he may have been pushed anyway.
You cannot have one of the most senior managers in your organisation having 'communication difficulties' into the board. In ANY industry.
Also begs the question if he had communication problems upwards did he have them downwards too? Might explain why half the team looked like total strangers half the time.

He wouldn't have been. If anything Bloom sounded annoyed Garcia left. He talks about the new training ground and planning for Garcia to coach the team, as well as how well Garcia did considering some of the injuries and transfers. IMO, even if Bloom didn't like Garcia, he would have given him at least one more season to see how he delivers when he has the new training facility to work with as well as 4 - 5 new players which he would have a say in choosing.

May 18, 2013

Yes, I thought that as well. The only thing about Oscar's resingation he said he was disappointed about was that he told the palyer immediately after the game on Sunday.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Oscar (in Spanish): I want us to play Lingard as close to Leo as possible, play fast attacking football and really play at a high tempo

Jonesy: Alright lads, the boss has said he wants you to play the ball slowly from the back and Jess - I want you playing deep try jumping up and down infront of big Tom to see if it puts the Derby players off like we did against Forest.

Buckley: Yes but I'm in pain and I don't think I should play - maybe play Kaz or Macca?

Greer: Wat ye sayin ye Welsh fanny...Och aye...Even I feel stiff as a haggis with an erection

Jonesy: Oscar, Greers said something I don't understand - I think he said that they can take away our one goal lead, but they'll never take his freedom.

Garcia (in English this time): Koosh you play well...I need new house soon and need Polish builder. (Now in Spanish) Jonesy, how do you tell Andrews we are buying a one way ticket from Derby to Bolton? Otherwise he'll miss the coach doors and end up in the luggage compartment underneath the coach again!

...Meanwhile, Agustein just sits in the corner with his Big Mac dismayed that he is even on the bench.

Jonesy: Alright there, what's occuring? lets go and make oursevles look shit on the telly!

brilliant

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

No.

The reason I say this is that surely Tony wouldn't have told OG to sleep on it for 24 hrs if he was that bad and biten his hand off? It's also why I'm not sure how true some of the rumours that have appeared are in regards to Oscar's indifference.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

:bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol::bowdown::lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

LOL ...snigger...te hee....yeah probably.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Top work [MENTION=1877]supaseagull[/MENTION]

It's an interesting OP as well. Tony was careful to mention how he really didn't want to change managers during the season, though this was more in response to be asked about accepting the resignation after a year. I reckon there's also a fairly serious point about communication with the wingers too......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

They would have worked on improving the communications!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here