Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The wait of Expectation

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just how much pressure does the new manager face when the appointment is made?

The brief i would like to think now is a 3 year plan and with the aim of being in the Premier league after that time is up,if we are aiming to take longer about things then what are your thoughts on this?

It would seem that any manager taking over now will think ? must i finish a minimum of the play off's to be seen as a success?

The aim now must be to have some medium term stability and finally get the club on a sustained upwards curve,whilst at the very least providing a little entertainment along the way for the fans,if we finish midtable but things are clear to see that progress is being made,that will be fine by me.

I think people,including myself underestimate just how hard it is to compete at this level,that's not to say it cannot be achieved.

The infrastructure is in place to take us forwards,and will made to work as it should do to sustain us in the years to come.

apologies for any grammatical or spelling mistakes in advance and before you comment the "wait" was to draw you in,but surely that's what it's all about? being patient and waiting.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The only expectation I have is that an '*insert name here* OUT' thread will have appeared at some point during the season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
27,000+ gates will only be sustained if the club continues it's path of success, therefore I think the minimum expectation as a mark of a managers success is top 6. Any manager applying for a job at BHAFC will be well aware of the clubs seismic shift in expectation.

There are no guarantees of course and things could go belly up on the playing side but I think the board would act sooner rather than later to arrest any slide towards League One with all the financial problems that would bring.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I hope we get an experienced manager who knows that they shouldn't tell players that they're leaving before the biggest game of the season

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The only expectation I have is that an '*insert name here* OUT' thread will have appeared at some point before the start of the season.
Agreed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Minimum expectation next season should be the play-offs, with automatic promotion in 2015/16 if we don't go up next season.

I don't think that a reasonable pre-requisite at all, there are some big clubs in the championship, quite a few with parachute payments and we have no control over what they do. We just may not be in a position to compete. It may be an ideal, but not a stipulation

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The club doing a lot to build up the lost supporters and now I see lots of youngsters wearing Brighton Shirts in the parks and towns I still believe the potential in Sussex is fantastic. We need to work on the match day atmosphere.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
27,000+ gates will only be sustained if the club continues it's path of success, therefore I think the minimum expectation as a mark of a managers success is top 6. Any manager applying for a job at BHAFC will be well aware of the clubs seismic shift in expectation.

There are no guarantees of course and things could go belly up on the playing side but I think the board would act sooner rather than later to arrest any slide towards League One with all the financial problems that would bring.

You are correct about the crowds,but if the type of football was good and attacking and we just missed out on the play off's perhaps that would not be an absolute failure,i just hope the manager would stick around and we could aim to go better the following year..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here