Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket - New

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If you were buying 3 STs for yourself, your 80 year old Dad and your 7 year old son, where in the ground would you opt for? I think the family section is E1A/B but that isn`t available according to the website. I have been out the country for 20 years so am a bit clueless (well, to be fair I wasn`t that smart before i left :blush:).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If you were buying 3 STs for yourself, your 80 year old Dad and your 7 year old son, where in the ground would you opt for? I think the family section is E1A/B but that isn`t available according to the website. I have been out the country for 20 years so am a bit clueless (well, to be fair I wasn`t that smart before i left :blush:).
Anywhere in the East Stand..... ESL if the 80 yo doesn't like stairs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The best atmosphere to view ratio is easily the West Upper but it would be totally impractical for an 80 year old as there is no lift. The stairs nearly kill me, an able bodied 40 something. You'd find a similar mix to your group in either the East or West Lower. South West corner is good for a bit of flag waving but there's a move to make it our 'end'. Definitely would not take a seven and 80 year old in the North

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You should also consider how you are travelling to matches. If you are using the train East Lower would be the closest but park and ride South West Corner/South would be nearer.

Don't do WSU, every game without fail there are people half way up the stairs looking like they have just reached the top of Everest.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Also the new sports bar under East stand is children friendly also if you use the park and Ride or one of the coaches you can get lift down and up from the car coach park. Enjoy.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You should also consider how you are travelling to matches. If you are using the train East Lower would be the closest but park and ride South West Corner/South would be nearer.

WRONG!

East for Park n Ride

North end of Stadium for trains (North or Northern ends of East or West)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't do WSU, every game without fail there are people half way up the stairs looking like they have just reached the top of Everest.

And I am getting sick and bloody tired of it too!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And I am getting sick and bloody tired of it too!

Next season me and my mate are taking our kids in the WSU. As part of their stair climbing "training" we will include hauling *COUGH* stones of weight up them by rope. By December hopefully I'll have a cross between a sherpa and a husky in my employ.

I'll be buying the burgers. It's only fair.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
East Stand Lower gets very crowded and like a creche sometimes (most times) with kids running about. If you go Central, E1D, E1E for example, an important consideration for an 80 year old is how close are the toilets? From those 2 sections it can be a nightmare at halftime fighting through the crowds and joining the line to get in the toilets so despite E1D and E1E having the best views, you might want to go nearer the North or South ends of the East Lower.

Not taking the piss here btw, I've been over there for three seasons and understand why people leave their seats a few minutes before the halftime whistle.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
E1G is another area dedicated as family stand.

I would 'phone the club and ask them. Often there are tickets in the family stand which are not shown; certainly when I moved to the family stand we ended up with seats which were not shown online previously.

The family stand is also slightly cheaper than the others, which when you are buying multiple season tickets does add up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
WRONG!

East for Park n Ride

North end of Stadium for trains (North or Northern ends of East or West)

I was thinking about his 80 year old father, isn't the South closest to the lift to the coach park?

North west involves going up the flights of stairs just beyond the North stand entrance whereas the East is flat down to the station and I discounted the north stand anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here