Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa not thinking of going anywhere

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I. Wouldn't be surprised if Leo was one of the players who may welcome a change of manager and tactics. He has looked utterly frustrated at times this season in that he would win a ball but the closest player to him was 20 yards away!

I wonder how many more goals he would score with another central attacker close to him taking off some of the pressure and drawing out one of the two defenders who constantly mark him every match.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Would be great to keep him and see how many goals he can hit with a full injury free season.

Would like to see him and CMS scaring defenders together.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great news. I do not think he is going anywhere unless it is for a huge offer. Good strikers are the most difficult players to find, in Leo we know we have a minimum 15-20 goals a year. It would have to be a premier league club with a huge stash to get him out of here as replacing him would be very hard indeed.

Oct 25, 2003
hopefully the new manager will implement a system that gives him more than 1 chance per game. he's a striker that thrives on crosses into the box...too often he was our only player in the danger zone meaning he was being marked by about 4 players...still managed a respectable goal return even though he had an injuryvand we werent a creative side

very glad he's staying

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Great news, thats half the battle if the player wants to stay.... Now lets hope that the club resist the offers that will inevitably come.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Nice words, but he's hardly going to say 'I'm sick and tired of this club and the Championship, I plan to **** off at the next opportunity'

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I love him especially after Derby when he came over to the fans. I just presumed he was saying adios

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I. Wouldn't be surprised if Leo was one of the players who may welcome a change of manager and tactics. He has looked utterly frustrated at times this season in that he would win a ball but the closest player to him was 20 yards away!

I wonder how many more goals he would score with another central attacker close to him taking off some of the pressure and drawing out one of the two defenders who constantly mark him every match.

Wise words, even a poor mans Ulloa in Vokes got 20 odd goals partnered with another striker...I believe both Ulloa and CMS would get 20 goals each if partnered together

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Was quite an effort for Ulloa to get through the crowds at Derby to come over to the Brighton fans, lots of people slapping him and pushing him so most player's wouldn't have bothered and just darted down the safety of the tunnel. Good work from him and Calderon.

He's clearly been running on empty in recent weeks. Good break over the summer and a bit of luck with injuries and he'll be a 20+ goal striker next season. Hopefully still for Brighton.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nice words, but he's hardly going to say 'I'm sick and tired of this club and the Championship, I plan to **** off at the next opportunity'

On the other hand, he didn't need to say as much as he did say.

I feel quite reassured, I just hope the club can resist if a big offer comes in.

His level of quality at this level of football is hard to come by. FACT.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I hope he has a bloody good rest after the battering he's taken up front on his own for so much of the season. And I hope he comes back fit and ready for the new season and excited at the prospect of actually having some support up front. But he'll be off if there's a decent offer from a Prem team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here