Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace earned £73.2 million from TV rights this season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The new Sky/BT deal and finishing 11th meant that they are sadly, quids in.

Liverpool earned the most (£97.5 million) and Cardiff the least (£62.1 million).

The Albion will get about £5 million.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
makes you wonder doesn't it...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just insane. The game is going to keep getting bigger & bigger.

*meant to say gap not game but all the same

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Now they really can pay back all those companies they shafted.......or maybe they'll forget them.
Again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know it doesn't work out this way, but how much would one person have to pay per game to watch Palace (and others). Do we have the amount of times they were clocked on the box?

Or better yet, how much did Palace take per love game for their millions?

Feb 14, 2010
In the last 20 years Brighton have lost a ground, played 150 mile round trip from home, always played lower league (mostly lowest 2 league) football, played at an athletics track with temporary stands with no roof and never played premier league football. But Brighton get a ground, play championship football and are again the 9th or 10th best supported club in the country again. Palace have never been outside the top two divisions, played premier league numerous times and but 2 seasons ago would get 11000 at home to Bristol City. Now they are again swanning around the Premier League. Again I ask, when will this club get a side that the fans at Brighton deserve?

Dec 3, 2012
In the last 20 years Brighton have lost a ground, played 150 mile round trip from home, always played lower league (mostly lowest 2 league) football, played at an athletics track with temporary stands with no roof and never played premier league football. But Brighton get a ground, play championship football and are again the 9th or 10th best supported club in the country again. Palace have never been outside the top two divisions, played premier league numerous times and but 2 seasons ago would get 11000 at home to Bristol City. Now they are again swanning around the Premier League. Again I ask, when will this club get a side that the fans at Brighton deserve?

Sweet Jesus. Not again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Roughly 23,000 per game for 19 home games. They'd need to charge each and every fan £167 per ticket to earn the £73.2m through gate proceeds alone.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Spend spend spend, go in to admin...spend spend spend go in to admin....etc.

That's how you consistently stay in the top two divisions and climb your way up the league.

An example for all of football to admire.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Roughly 23,000 per game for 19 home games. They'd need to charge each and every fan £167 per ticket to earn the £73.2m through gate proceeds alone.

Give Barber a couple of years :wink:

Dec 3, 2012
Spend spend spend, go in to admin...spend spend spend go in to admin....etc.

That's how you consistently stay in the top two divisions and climb your way up the league.

An example for all of football to admire.[/

It's pretty safe to say that "all of football" doesn't judge Palace or any other club that's gone into admin on any moral basis. That's just Brighton fans as I'm afraid it's all that's left to take the high ground on

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Sweet Jesus. Not again.

Palace have certainly most definitely been outside the top two divisions. They were in the old div 3 under talcy Malcy Allison, who went when they blew promotion. Venables brought them up to div 2 and then div 1 in 79, same year as us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here