Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ANDREA'S MESSAGE TO FANS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Departing Andrea Orlandi has sent a heartfelt message to Brighton & Hove Albion supporters thanking them for their incredible support.
The Spaniard was one of six players to be released this week and admitted his disappointment in leaving his first English club.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I'm sad. My youngest daughter was born here and I was hoping to stay here a lot longer but that is football.
“I really felt loved by everyone, especially the fans who were incredible to me whether I was on the pitch or off of it and that is something that nothing will ever take away from me.
“The city and all the people in it are wonderful and I wish everyone nothing but the best going forward and I hope the club can fulfil the dream of playing in the Premier League soon. I'm just sorry I couldn't help to make that happen.
“It is a real shame that in my two years we got so close but we just couldn’t get over the finish line, but I will take away some magnificent memories with me.
“Once again I just want to pay tribute to the tremendous support I have felt during my time here.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

• ALBION ACCEPT OSCAR GARCIA RESIGNATION
  • SIX RELEASED, FOUR TO BE OFFERED DEALS
  • OSCAR GARCIA - OPEN LETTER
  • GREER NAMED IN SCOTLAND SQUAD
  • BARBER: SIGNIFICANT LEVELS OF INTEREST FROM HIGH QUALITY CANDIDATES

The midfielder was influential in Albion’s charge to the play-offs in the 2012/13 season but an early season knee injury limited the former Swansea man’s number of appearances during the last campaign.
But the 30-year-old fought back to be part of Albion’s play-off push and took*the corner that led to Stephen Ward’s equaliser at Nottingham Forest in the 2-1 win that clinched a top-six finish.
Orlandi added, “I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to help the team more this season, but I've done the impossible to make myself available.
“It's been very frustrating and sad to play my last game in a 4-1 defeat and a bad performance, but I have great memories and I love the city and the football club.
“My first season with the club was probably my best ever in terms of personal performance and I will cherish the winning goal against Newcastle for the rest of my life.
“As sad as I am about leaving there will always be a place in my heart for Brighton.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here