empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if they have got 64 mill for going down,i suppose they can afford it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[ QUOTE=dig54;6349249]Wasn't good enough for us though... Oh.[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that? Clearly the club wanted him. He just wanted the larger pay cheque that Bournemouth were prepared to offer him.

And now he'll earn even more (assuming he doesn't go to Cardiff and then accept an even larger contract- again- at AFCB).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Time to dust off this Cheeky M/Twinkle Toes collaboration from earlier this season:

The holiday to Brighton was fun-packed
The contract with Bournemouth, still intact

The Grabban hands grab all they can
All for himself (and his agent) - after all
The Grabban hands grab all they can
All for himself (and his agent) - after all
It's a competitive transfer market

Everything counts in large amounts

Spanish Dave's 2013/14 performance graph on the wall
Tells the story of it all
Picture it now see just how
The lies and deceit gained Grabban a little more bargaining power
Albion taken in
By a tosser & some spin

The Grabban hands...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why would you say that? Clearly the club wanted him. He just wanted the larger pay cheque that Bournemouth were prepared to offer him.

And now he'll earn even more (assuming he doesn't go to Cardiff and then accept an even larger contract- again- at AFCB).

I think it was more in reference to what some fans were saying about him on here.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yep time for him to go this time, even we are fed up with it now, I think even us bmth fans are realising that we are likely to be the smallest club in the division next season and we can no way compete with the ex prem lot. We are just hoping the Lallana sale goes through and we get our 25% sell on clause!

Love the Depeche mode bit! So true.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Who can blame him? He's not there for fun, if his club agree a fee and they're happy to let him go, why shouldn't he get the best contract he can?

Of course. But don't go back to Bournemouth having played us to get a pay rise and position that as an act of loyalty, then piss off at the very next available opportunity for the cash. That's just disingenuous and treating fans like idiots.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Of course. But don't go back to Bournemouth having played us to get a pay rise and position that as an act of loyalty, then piss off at the very next available opportunity for the cash. That's just disingenuous and treating fans like idiots.

Most people would do the same we all go to work for money, if you could treble your wages you would wouldnt you?

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Clever Bournemouth I think ?.

to cardiff then???:angry::angry:

From what Mr Bloom said yesterday & now Grabban's move to Cardiff. Clearly Bournemouth had no intention of keeping him any longer on the big wages they eventually offered him. At the time Howes team were on a good run with an outside chance of making the Play Offs, so Howe clearly told his board we MUST :wink::down::down:hang on to him till the end of the season& if we don't go up we got rid. That suited both Grabban & Bournemouth whatever happen. I don't blame Bloom or the Club for that one. Oscar didn't understand how cut throat transfers in this country can be.:down:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I said of course. But what I wouldn't have done is pretend that my move back to Bournemouth was all about loyalty when clearly it was only about money. That's what's disingenuous.

Of course it is, just as it every time a player kisses the club badge (unless they have only ever played for the same club they supported as a boy) and pretty much most things footballers say. There are exceptions, such as Orlandi's letter but they are probably few and far between.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, that £3m will go some way to off setting any operating loss this season and might just mean that Bournemouth avoid any transfer embargo in January. They may well have made a calculated risk because I believe even if they are just outside the £8m limit, if they can show they are on target to meet the limit in the next financial period, ie season 2014/15, then they may avoid the sanction!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Oscar is quoted as saying that Grabban was quite happy to come to us, even had a medical.
Bloom and Burke, were the stumbling blocks.

TB was in Australia, as usual, and the deal fell apart whilst everyone waited for them to communicate apparently.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oscar is quoted as saying that Grabban was quite happy to come to us, even had a medical.
Bloom and Burke, were the stumbling blocks.

TB was in Australia, as usual, and the deal fell apart whilst everyone waited for them to communicate apparently.

I believe you are regurgitating just one side of the story!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here