Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you expect us to be making a promotion push next season?

Do you expect us to be making a promotion push next season

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I know it is impossible to make any sort of logical prediction at the moment, apart from a gut feeling, just looking to gauge the mood of NSC after a disappointing end to the season for the second year.

Have we missed the boat or are we about to embark on a serious auto promotion push?

What do you think? No option for wait and see who comes in and who the manager is :smile:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I expect us to be making a promotion push every year. :)

If not, what is the point of running a football club?!

I'm not 'expecting' auto promotion but it would be nice to get wedged into top 6 before April!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

If not, what is the point of running a football club!

So you expected a promotion push the season after we scraped into the Championship via a win over Bristol City? I bet you were disappointed :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I'm not 'expecting' auto promotion but it would be nice to get wedged into top 6 before April!

precisely

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So you expected a promotion push the season after we scraped into the Championship via a win over Bristol City? I bet you were disappointed :lolol:

Well if you can't start the season with optimism then what is the point? Back then though maybe aspirations were set lower but now I EXPECT!!!

Do you start the season expecting a relegation battle?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

After all the investment I agree that promotion is pretty well a must. We're all but selling out every game and I imagine our matchday sales and merch are pretty well maxed out too. If we remain in the Championship I can't see much more cash being raised by sponsorship and other commercial activities so we're pretty well ****ed if we don't.

Regardless of FFP (it's bollox) TB will only fund the club to a point and the longer we stay in this division the more he'll be scratching his head I'd imagine. He could of course reign back his financial contribution but that then risks us dropping a division and posting even greater losses.

Bit of a conundrum methinks

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I am confident we will be a force next year - ok a lot will depend on the new manager and new summer signings but a starting line up of the following would be competitive in the championship....

Anchorman/new keeper
Bruno Dunk upson / greer ward/ new LB
Buckley ince kemy kll
Cms ulloa

Keep the faith!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Too early to say, ask me at the end of august.

I can't see the board cocking up the appointment so badly that we won't be aiming for the play-offs again. Would be nice if they got a marquee name/talented manager so we could match what Burnley and Derby have done and go for automatic, they've shown what's possible without spending mega bucks. So yes, I'm happy at the the moment til I see something clouding that happy horizon

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well if you can't start the season with optimism then what is the point? Back then though maybe aspirations were set lower but now I EXPECT!!!

Do you start the season expecting a relegation battle?

I start every season expecting (hoping may be closer to the truth though) to hit the number one spot and stay there, I tend to be disappointed most seasons pretty early on though :smile:

Last edited:

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
We'll finish 6th after an up and down season, then our manager will leave after losing in the play-offs. It's the Albion way and I'm sure we'll come to find it amusing in time.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes I do as I hope we will have Tim as manager with Joe Cole as centre midfield playmaker new goal keeper, left back and forward

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If we stay clear of injuries to key players and incoming players are of the same (or better) quality than those released then we should be looking for top 2

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Personally, I feel cheated whenever there isn't a "50 points and safety" thread pinned to the top of the page.
It doesn't really feel like NSC somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here