Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgrading Kids season ticket match by match...please help

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Hi All,
I would like to get my daughter a season ticket but am worried she might lose interest or not like it. Is it possible to upgrade to an adult on a match by match basis?

Anyone with experience or knowlegde on this i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Paul

I still believe in T.B

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Yes, you can.

But if you're in the family stand, they'll still insist you have enough children to adult in the required ratio (which I don't recall, something like two adults to one child). If not, they'll make you move seats.

Stumpy Tim

Yes, you can.

But if you're in the family stand, they'll still insist you have enough children to adult in the required ratio (which I don't recall, something like two adults to one child). If not, they'll make you move seats.

Didn't realise that. So if there are 2 adults and 1 kid normally, but you want to upgrade - they'll make all three move to a different stand?

Yes, very straightforward. I purposely got my two kids seats outside the family stand area though cos I didn't want the hassle of being moved

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
Yes. Very easy. I have two under 18 season ticks for my kids and when they can't attend games on 'school nights', one simply phones the ticket line, pay the difference to upgrade to an adult and the card is 'upgraded' automatically for that individual game. Very easy indeed.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Didn't realise that. So if there are 2 adults and 1 kid normally, but you want to upgrade - they'll make all three move to a different stand?

If you're in the family stand, then I'm afraid so. Did this once, for Forest game last season, they forced us to move, ended up in West Upper.

Strictly speaking, I'm fairly sure that (in your example) the two adults aren't supposed to go on their own without the child, but there's no way they can enforce that.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hi All,
I would like to get my daughter a season ticket but am worried she might lose interest or not like it. Is it possible to upgrade to an adult on a match by match basis?

Anyone with experience or knowlegde on this i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Paul

I still believe in T.B

I do this occasionally for mid week... Its not a problem provided you're not in family section. The issue may be cost though... The increase is the difference between and child and an adult ticket based on match day prices (not some pro rata calculation of the difference in season ticket costs). If she loses interest near the beginning of the season then this could cost you!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I do this occasionally for mid week... Its not a problem provided you're not in family section. The issue may be cost though... The increase is the difference between and child and an adult ticket based on match day prices (not some pro rata calculation of the difference in season ticket costs). If she loses interest near the beginning of the season then this could cost you!

Friend of mine actually got his son an adult ST, for this very reason

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

This is no longer true as of last season. I have 2x adult and 2x child tickets in the family stand and upgraded the child tickets to adult for most evening matches, as well as a number of afternoon matches.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
This is no longer true as of last season. I have 2x adult and 2x child tickets in the family stand and upgraded the child tickets to adult for most evening matches, as well as a number of afternoon matches.

I didn't realise that had changed, thanks for the update.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for the help.
It seems a cheap way of guaranteeing a seat for an adult next to mine?

True as long as the child under 10. There is a big (and I'm still not sure why when they are still dependant at that age) hike in season ticket price when they hit 10. £140 to £265 in West Upper for example.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Correct. I have upgraded my 11 year olds ST in the family stand to an adult a number of times this season with no questions asked. Usually costs about £18 for the upgrade based on a £10 child / £28 adullt priced ticket.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
When I've upgraded, I've had to pay the difference between the child ticket (£10) and an adult ticket that's not a STH (more like £40).

Depends where you sit I assume. An adult cat B ticket in Family stand is £30, U18 £12, hence why my mate pays approx £18 when he goes instead of my boy. I effectively subsidise him the £12 difference though :(

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yes you can and we do that regularly.

It's a different telephone number to the ticket line, which is good, as there are no or very short queues. 0844 324 6282 (customer services)

There is NO rip-off extra increment - they just take the expected difference.

(I faced a problem, which the club admit is quite common: The U18 card we have, use to be an U10's before he went into the age 10 to 17 band. We have fully paid the U18 s/t price for 2 years now. But when the Club take the additional to upgrade to an adult for a game, the club's system keeps taking the far larger increment of an U10 s/t upgraded to an adult. You just have to watch what they take from your bank, every time, and challenge errors).

For us, this is WSU.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
As others have said it's not necessarily a cheap option if upgrading regularly as the difference to be paid is up to the full individual match day ticket price. A couple of games last season they tried to charge me £28 extra for a Cat A game, which is more than the pro rata adult ST price for a game exclusive of child ! A real pain for night games.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Technically the club say that if you don't have right ratio/kids not in attendance then you will be relocated - IF there is space in another stand. In practice that creates a lot of extra work, and either there hasn't been similar space available or a blind eye has been turned. But the bottom line is they do have to find you somewhere if you have the adult ST in the family section, or if nowhere else available let you stay put without the kids.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here