Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much profit from the two playoff games?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Apols if this has been posted already. Just wondering how much this impacts on
FFP and helps re playing budget.
Also, OG leaving, has that cost us any compo/payoff?
Cheers

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Because OG tendered his resignation aka would you like me to leave / I'd like to leave and the club accepted aka ok in effect this is mutual consent aka both parties agree to dissolve the contract.

Since both parties agree, neither party has grounds to take legal action aka no compo for either party.

No idea about P&L per game, El Pres may have a view ....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The gate money from the 4 play-off semi finals is pooled then split between the 4 clubs apparently.

So Wigan and QPR's piss poor gates mean that us and Derby are effectively chucking them a good few quid.

Triffic.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I believe the gate receipts from every match are shared among the the three non-promoted sides. So we'll get 1/3 of the gate receipts from all 4 semi-finals and the final. Ulloa's goal was probably worth a fair bit to us.

Edit: I stand corrected. As HKFC says above, don't think final is included after checking regulations.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe the gate receipts from every match are shared among the the three non-promoted sides. So we'll get 1/3 of the gate receipts from all 4 semi-finals and the final. Ulloa's goal was probably worth a fair bit to us.

Edit: I stand corrected. As HKFC says above, don't think final is included after checking regulations.

There is a tradition that the winning finalists let the losing finalst keep all of the Wembley gate money.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The four play off game ticket money is pooled but the Football league takes 50% of this, Leaving 4 clubs with 12.5% of the combined takings.

The play off final is split 50% FL and 25% each club, Although as HKFC says traditionally the loser takes both clubs takings and goes home with 50%.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What about any TV revenue ? Won't be much from gate receipts it seems. A few grand bonus from food/drink/merchandise from our home game I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here