Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

San Francisco any tips please

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Off there for my landmark birthday this year, got 4 nights there then 4 in San Diego finishing up in LA.

Short time in each, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Super Duper burger, fast food chain and dotted around SF but their burgers are amazing and the garlic fries are the best!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
SF - GG Bridge, Marin headlands, Sausalito, Alcatraz, Coit Tower, Pier 39 (but only for the sea lions), Farmer's market in the Ferry building. More bars and restaurants than you can shake a stick at (PM me for details if interested)

Near SF - North: Wine country (prefer Sonoma valley to Napa personally), South: Route 1 South (all the way to SD if you like, but it's slow), Santa Cruz (to laugh at the surfer dudes, ride the wooden roller coaster and seeing the pelicans fly low over the beach), Monterey Bay (for the world class aquarium and to hire a canoe and paddle out to within touching distance of wild sea otters hunting in the kelp, and for diving if you're into it and for whale watching), Carmel (for the stunning beach, antiques and for 17 mile drive around the coast with Pebble beach)

Santa Barbara - just beautiful

SD - go on a couple of WWII ships, including a carrier; Sea World; Tijuana (then you've been to Mexico too [but you haven't really, of course])

Have fun.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and lunch in Sausalito.

Absolutely this ... I would recommend Scoma's ... on the water, great views and grub

Make sure you drive out to Napa and do a couple of vineyards

If you're driving down PCH (1) to LA give yourself enough time to go by Carmel, and Monterray ... its a great drive

For my money just drive through LA ... I lived between LA and SD for a number of years and always found LA soulless ... exceptions are Santa Monica and Pasadena, both worth a visit if you're there

San Diego has a few vineyards around Temecula and one Calloway (I think) is a great place for lunch

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do not drop acid at midday in Haight Street then get into a car with a strange man, also off his head, who offers you a lift, and who drives off, side-swiping several cars along the way. Only in San Fran.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Went there last year, hated it. Huge homeless problem, and you get hassled constantly for spare change and cigarettes.

I'd go sausalito, or maybe Tiburon.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I've been to many cities in America and this is still my favourite.

Also Check out the Levi's Stadium - Home to Superbowl 50. Opens very soon.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If you deceide to go to Alcatraz, book your tickets as soon as you can.

I recall there can sometimes be a day or more waiting list

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Also going in Aug for a birthday. LA, Las Vegas, SF, Santa Barbara and then San Diego.

Planning on driving between SF and San Diego with 1 night in Santa Barbara via Pacific Hway. Have looked at various websites and they advise that this is too much in 2 days. Cars all booked and hotels sorted so just going to go for it. Has anyone done this drive and what were their experience?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here