Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-retained-list-1552160.aspx

Brighton & Hove Albion have released six out-of-contract players - but are poised to offer new deals to Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno Saltor and Player of the Season Matt Upson.
The club has to lodge a "retained list" with the Football League before this Friday, 19th May, and the six players who've been informed it is unlikely they will be offered new deals are Peter Brezovan, Will Hoskins, Tomasz Kuszczak, Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez and David Rodriguez.

The Seagulls have invoked contract extension options with Kazenga LuaLua and development prospect Brennan Dickenson; his fellow under-21 squad members Grant Smith and Courtney Richards have also been released.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-retained-list-1552160.aspx#yU2ZHDfbOcWlFUH4.99

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
*Official Released / Retained List *

http://t.co/aPGFoO3Uos

Released: Peter Brezovan, Will Hoskins, Tomasz Kuszczak, Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez and David Rodriguez.

New deals: Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno Saltor and Matt Upson.

Extension options taken: Kazenga LuaLua and Brennan Dickinson.

U-21s released: Grant Smith and Courtney RIchards.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
Six released, four to be offered deals

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-retained-list-1552160.aspx

Brighton & Hove Albion have released six out-of-contract players - but are poised to offer new deals to Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno Saltor and Player of the Season Matt Upson.

The club has to lodge a "retained list" with the Football League before this Friday, 19th May, and the six players who've been informed it is unlikely they will be offered new deals are Peter Brezovan, Will Hoskins, Tomasz Kuszczak, Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez and David Rodriguez.

The Seagulls have invoked contract extension options with Kazenga LuaLua and development prospect Brennan Dickenson; his fellow under-21 squad members Grant Smith and Courtney Richards have also been released.
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK
Albion Accept Oscar Garcia Resignation
Fan Gallery: Derby County
Oscar Garcia - Open Letter
Greer Named in Scotland Squad
Barber: Significant Levels of Interest From High Quality Candidates
Chairman Tony Bloom has thanked the departing players, telling seagulls.co.uk, "On behalf of the club I would like to thank Peter, Will, Tomasz, Andrea, David Lopez and David Rodriguez for their efforts and wish them all the very best for the future.

"I'd also like to thank the players who joined us on loan during the season - Stephen Ward, Keith Andrews, Leroy Lita, Jonathan Obika and Jesse Lingard - for their efforts and excellent professionalism."

He also confirmed the decisions had been under review for a number of weeks, adding, "It's obviously important we let the players know where they stand and give them clarity as early as possible - and we also have to inform the Football League of the players we intend to release by this Friday.

"We had held off from making these decisions until now at the request of Oscar Garcia. He felt it was important for the unity within the squad in the final weeks of the campaign that we waited until the end of the season.

"However, it is not an immediate decision, that has been taken since Sunday's game. It is something which has been under discussion and review with Oscar for a number of weeks. The final decisions have been taken with input from David Burke, Nathan Jones and me."

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-retained-list-1552160.aspx#GJmHwF3DoIg7XWIk.99

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would agree with that, although would probably only offer 1 year to all of them.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The one that surprises me is Bruno. Calde I'm not surprised at, and Upson I imagine is down to whether he think he can physically do another year.

I would have guessed they'd keep one of either Brezovan or Ankegren to be number 2, get a new number 1 in, and then use Walton as 3rd keeper.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tony Bloom “We held off from making these decisions until now at the request of Oscar Garcia. He felt it was important for the unity within the squad in the final weeks of the campaign that we waited until the end of the season.”

Erm, of course we wait until the end of the season! Were we honestly about to announce it “in the final weeks of the campaign” until Oscar said, “Please don’t, let’s just wait until the season's over shall we.”

You couldn’t make it up at the moment.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
When I first read that piece a few minutes ago and saw TB thanking Will, I thought we'd released Buckley. Completely forgot about Hoskins who will no doubt go elsewhere and become a leading goal scorer...

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Agree about Hoskins shame to see him go if it wasn't for his injuries think he could have been a good player for us ! Be interesting to see where they all end up

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Given that Hoskins has been fit for at least a couple of months, I'd guess the club haven't seen enough from him in training/development games to suggest that he's going to offer much at 1st team level. It's certainly a shame given the price tag, promise that he had shown and the goals that he scored for us.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
find it odd that people want to keep Hoskins. he hasn't been fit for the last 3 years; whos to say he wont be injured for the next 3 years?

last time he came back everyone was singing and dancing about how we have a new player, 3 games later and again he was out for another year and a half :facepalm:

I accept that this will go down badly with a lot of people on here but im really not fussed about him leaving. its not exactly like hes been prolific and someone has swooped him away from us, he done **** all for the club and the team so why should he be allowed to stay

rant over.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Don't want Ward to get away...... but why would he want to sign for us managerless - if Wolves want him and are more stable...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't want Ward to get away...... but why would he want to sign for us managerless - if Wolves want him and are more stable...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For the lazy:

Let go:
Peter Brezovan
Will Hoskins
Tomasz Kuszczak
Andrea Orlandi
David Lopez
David Rodriguez

Contract extensions for Kazenga LuaLua and Brennan Dickenson

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When I first read that piece a few minutes ago and saw TB thanking Will, I thought we'd released Buckley. Completely forgot about Hoskins who will no doubt go elsewhere and become a leading goal scorer...

Why release Will Buckley when the club can sell him in the next transfer window ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant complain with the list and those offered new contracts are the ones id have given contracts to.

Hoskins needs to be playing regular football, he would not have got that here - he could do a job for a L1 club and shouldnt be a benchwarmer/fringe player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here