Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Stephen Sutton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just been announced that he has passed away. Raised more than £3M for cancer charities. RIP

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Hats off. Brave chap. Sad day.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Left a quite incredible legacy behind him.

Sad day for the family, but they can feel so proud of what he achieved and how he dealt with this terrible illness.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Amazing fella, he knew a couple of days ago he wouldn't last long, he was still smiling.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont think I could put it any better than this. Except to add, his message of using every day to its maximum, enjoying every day is possibly a message to us al..

Left a quite incredible legacy behind him.

Sad day for the family, but they can feel so proud of what he achieved and how he dealt with this terrible illness.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And to think, we're all sat here bickering about bloody football.

RIP. Anyone who does a great deal for any charity is fine with me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Makes our shit seem a little less significant.
Stephen made an immense impact on the public psyche in his short time.
Hopefully the limelight will stay on the good he has done now that he has left it

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Never met him yet feel I know more about him than many of my friends.

Well done for not giving up and the fundraising to help others get a chance to beat the big C.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very sad news. :down:

He achieved more in his short time on this Earth than most of us could dream of - maybe a hint to us all to live life to the fullest and count our blessings.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
RIP fella. Respect for what you achieved in your short life. I hope I can do something to help a fraction of the number of people that you have helped.

When you whinge about having a bad day, just think about this poor guy and many others going through life-limiting illnesses, and how they get on with it and how they enjoy what they have, it brings it home to you how there are people worse off than you in this world.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Sad for his family, but in a way very happy that his story has had such a positive effect on the general public. It restores your faith in human nature.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Incredibly sad but what an impact he made in the time he had.

Thanks to him there will be a noticeable difference in the way many others suffering through a similar situation are supported and looked after.

It's one hell of a legacy to leave behind and admirable on so many levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here