Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS blog says players didn't know Oscar was leaving...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...on-exit-and-missing-out-on-the-play-off-final

"It was the day after we found out our boss had left the club. Oscar Garcia did a great job here and got us up in to the play-offs.
He must have had these thoughts for a while. It's a shame because we'd been on a high but he's had his reasons and will come out and explain what's going on and we have to move on, again.
Oscar has shown what he's capable of this season; we've had a lot of injuries and haven't been at full strength. I don't think he had the chance to strengthen much in January but he still got us to the play-offs, which not many people expected.
He's done a good job and if a Premier League role comes up for him then I think he'll do a good job, wherever he goes."

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gives the impression that there may a way to go with regards playing staff motivation heading into next season, .. at least with those who remain from this years squad.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...on-exit-and-missing-out-on-the-play-off-final

"It was the day after we found out our boss had left the club. Oscar Garcia did a great job here and got us up in to the play-offs.
He must have had these thoughts for a while. It's a shame because we'd been on a high but he's had his reasons and will come out and explain what's going on and we have to move on, again.
Oscar has shown what he's capable of this season; we've had a lot of injuries and haven't been at full strength. I don't think he had the chance to strengthen much in January but he still got us to the play-offs, which not many people expected.
He's done a good job and if a Premier League role comes up for him then I think he'll do a good job, wherever he goes."

Not sure if this doesn't just say that CMS was out of the loop.
I suspect all the players who spoke a certain european language were in the know and other player weren't!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
CMS is a good pro and would always say the right thing. Whether or not this is the truth is a different matter.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Gives the impression that there may a way to go with regards playing staff motivation heading into next season, .. at least with those who remain from this years squad.

Note the final quote in the article:
"With a new manager every position will be up for grabs again and I want to make sure I'm strong and one of the first on the team sheet."
That suggests that motivation could actually be high.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here