Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As long as he doesn't pick himself as left back I don't mind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing against Neville. He is off to Brazil though, and I doubt we'd want to wait until after the world cup for the new guy to get his feet under the table.

You-Rang.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
large problem is lack of experience - so how would we know how he'd manage? i dont want to be experimenting with managers anymore though, we've been lucky twice imo.

Stumpy Tim

Another candidate people are against because of who he is, rather than his coaching talents. Had his UEFA-B badge and is well connected at both Everton & Man Utd.

Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be gutted

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another candidate people are against because of who he is, rather than his coaching talents. Had his UEFA-B badge and is well connected at both Everton & Man Utd.

Good answer, well respected, good contacts. Could do a lot worse.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I can't think of any dark horse puns for him, so on that basis, it's a neigh from me.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Worked well at United didn't it......

We need a manager with CHAMPIONSHIP experience, Neville has never coached outside the top 6 of EPL and never been a number 1. The buck has never stopped with him. This would be a bigger gamble than Garcia.

Stumpy Tim

Worked well at United didn't it......

We need a manager with CHAMPIONSHIP experience, Neville has never coached outside the top 6 of EPL and never been a number 1. The buck has never stopped with him. This would be a bigger gamble than Garcia.

I agree with you in that he isn't my first choice, but people are writing off the positives in his favour.

Having said that, you start off saying the problems at United are partly his fault, but then the buck never stopped with him. That's a bit of a contradiction.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He surprised me a lot with his pundritry on sky and is good at using that massive video board, I certainly like him more now he has retired

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Think I would prefer Carragher of the recently retired "cerebral" English rookie manager type. Assuming he still wants to be a manager of course.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My friend is an avid Utd fan - I know we can all say that, sadly - and he said that Phil Neville is the most stupid coach on Twitter and wished he'd leave as soon as possible, in a world of constant excessive use of exclamation marks and huge LOLs with every comment. I don't want him here. He sounds a backward buffoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here