Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big question: Do you trust Tony Bloom and his team with the Albion?

Do you trust Tony Bloom and his management team with the Albion?

• Yes I do

Votes: 279 92.4%
  • No I don't

Votes: 23 7.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's been a lot of quite heated, yet remarkably civil, debate over the past 48 hours or so since the news that Oscar may have tendered his resignation broke.

Much of this has focused on the involvement that Tony Bloom and, more specifically, his management team have in first team matters, including the selection and acquisition of players.

The crux is: do you trust Tony Bloom and his management team with their stewardship of the Albion, to steer it in the right direction, accepting that where mistakes are made, lessons will be learned?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bloom is the man but he needs to sit next to his manager/chief coach and listen as well, not just listen to Barbera and Burke.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can anyone, sensibly, answer anything other than yes? At least to the TB part of the question. Saved us, raised us and sunk around 150 million in? I would need cast iron evidence of serious wrongdoing before thinking about questioning the mans integrity.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm not convinced that Burke is the right man for the job and I think reasonable doubts lie over the whole set up of the footballing side of the club.

However... Garcia was an excellent appointment, in hindsight ticked nearly every box we could have drawn up, given that the club found him last time I have faith in the club to make another astute managerial appointment, and if we can continue to employ good managers then really we will always do well. If we start making poor managerial appointments and our record in the transfer market doesn't improve then I would shift towards not trusting them. Could be better but could be worse as well.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
See we have one grateful shit that voted no...Jesus some off our fans are the pits. They sit in a ground payed for by Tony Bloom watching players paid for by Bloom and they still ****ing moan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes as he delivered a Stadium

(waits to see if this gets a thumps down from a certain bird species)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course I trust Tony and Paul, and also Nathan Jones in his remit.

Not 100% sure player recruitment is setup correctly, but that is a detail.

Yes, Oscar seemingly didn't get the players he wanted, but maybe they were all unrealistically expensive?

That doesn't hide the fact we've been a striker short for what seems like forever, and only having 3 central defenders for the second half of the season looks like poor judement from someone.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think he is one of the best out there, despite his differences with managers about budgets and expectations.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think this is one of the things that I and a few others get most irritated about. You are portrayed as some anti-Bloom lunatic if you question any aspect of the club's processes or decision-making. That is just mad.

I completely trust Bloom as a man and an owner of the Albion, of course you do, why on earth wouldn't you. Look at what he has staked, look at what he has saved in the form of an Amex that the money was no longer there for, and put in. His motives are 100 per cent genuine, I have no doubt of that.

But that does not mean, unless you have no thoughts in your head, that you agree with everything being done on his watch. Nor can you have failed to notice the two good managers gone in 12 months. Nor can you have no questions about the recruitment operation, which both managers in question have put in play in one form or another.

And we are by no means the only club wrestling with the whole Director of Football, Director of Football Operations question, and the way accountability is divvied up. Far bigger clubs than us are undecided about exactly how successful it is.

Which is a long way of saying 100 per cent yes, but your point about learning from mistakes is well made.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The selection of the next manager is key. But please someone who wants to play more than one striker otherwise we're going to be bored again for another year. We've nearly made it in the last two years, we just need the right man.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We're in a world of pleasant imperfections and there's no reason for the Albion or its running to be different. I haven't been enamoured with the legs that newly wore our shorts this season long, only Ward being of true value, but i would hope for at the least each summer for that process to be reviewed and for improvement to be promised. I trust for those inside to want what's best and for themselves to be professionally finer also. I won't stare at an item i adore consumed by doubt and indignation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bloom yes, Barber yes, Burke no

this. his remit seems too wide and im not convinced he is suited. scouting, negotiations, fine but apparently also signing off players and budget... too far. i'd rather have a non-football man (or Barber... nah) that knew Bloom well enough to be the final decision maker if Bloom is away.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Yes, of course I trust Tony Bloom, for the moment and the foreseeable, however that doesn't mean that if someone dares raise a question 'against' him, they should be called nutters or disloyal, in fact far from it.

Whether I trust the management system he seems to have concerning player recruitment is probably a no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here