Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Brighton & Hove's WORST PUB World Cup - GROUP C**

Worst pub - Group C. Choose as many as you want.

• Mash Tun, Church Street

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • King & Queen, Marlborough Place

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Caroline of Brunswick, Ditchling Road

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Martha Gunn, Upper Lewes Road

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Spanish Lady, Longridge Avenue, Saltdean

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Stanmer Park Tavern, Ditchling Road

Votes: 29 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rules are in the Group A thread.

These six are...

Mash Tun

MashTun4.jpg

Caroline of Brunswick

Caroline-Of-Brunswick.jpg

King & Queen

The_King___Queen_Brighton.jpg

Martha Gunn

12417977.jpg

Spanish Lady

spanish-lady.jpg

Stanmer Park Tavern

14442.jpg

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
there really are some dross in this group, hard to choose the worst of this lot, every one of them deserves a vote

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mash Tun - It's a bit naff but I tend to only stand outside and I'm not sure I've ever been there without already being hammered so hard to form an opinion
King & Queen - Meh, it can be decent for watching football
Caroline of Brunswick - HELL ON EARTH
Haven't been in the other three.

You can probably guess the one I voted for.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
King & Queen for me but I don't know many of the pubs on this list. The Mash Tun is quite nice in Summer if you get a seat outside, quite a nice buzz about that area on a nice summer's evening.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
In the pic of the Spanish Lady, is the cone blocking the door because the photo was taken when the roof fell in on one side of the bar and it took ages to get fixed but they stayed open regardless?

Have they got a pool table back in there yet? Didn't it get removed because the landlord got attacked with pool cues after barring a few unsavoury characters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope none of the landlords of these pubs read NSC.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Nerdy question (for my own nerd fact satiation) but is the Spanish Lady defo in B&H? I always assumed that the border ran down the middle of the road, but better nerds than me have said the border moves to include the East side of the last few yards towards the coast. There seems some debate about what point it moves though, ie is it just above or just below the pub? Sure this must have bern discussed elsewhere. Just asking. Ta.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nerdy question (for my own nerd fact satiation) but is the Spanish Lady defo in B&H? I always assumed that the border ran down the middle of the road, but better nerds than me have said the border moves to include the East side of the last few yards towards the coast. There seems some debate about what point it moves though, ie is it just above or just below the pub? Sure this must have bern discussed elsewhere. Just asking. Ta.

The boundary does indeed go up the centre of Longridge Avenue, but just to confuse matters, cuts off at 'about' (according to the Saltdean Residents' website) the Spanish Lady, so that the three southerly buildings on the east side of that road are in Brighton. In other words, it's a bit confusing.

The only thing I could find online definitively was that the hygiene inspections for the Spanish Lady are carried out by Brighton & Hove City Council.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The Spanish is currently closed for (seriously much needed) refurbishment. Word has it will not even be called the Spanish Lady when it re-opens on the 21st of May. The place has been a dive for as long as I can remember, but I have some very fond memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here