Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Mackey Off To Lisbon

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion Girls’ Centre of Excellence under-13 player, Megan Mackey, has won the ‘Gazprom Football for Friendship I am a Reporter’ competition to report on the Champions League Final on 24th March.

Megan revealed that the opportunity to enter the competition came by looking through her fantasy football team.She told seagulls.co.uk, “I was going through my team on the Match of the Day website and saw a link to the ‘I’m a reporter’ competition. I clicked on it, had a read, and decided to enter.
“I had to research Gazprom’s eight football for friendship principles, write an article and give it to the person I was interviewing.
“I had to interview a person related to football, so I chose the Crawley Town under-18 coach, Mark Beard.
“After that, I wrote it up and sent it off, with the questions I asked, to the panel to read through and assess. I was really happy after being told that I had won.
“I’ve always wanted to become a footballer when I’m older, but maybe I will become a sport journalist, because after winning this competition I can see it’s quite an interesting profession to go into.”
Megan’s father, Brian, is also very proud of his daughter and explained the praise which she has received from prominent figures in the media industry.
He added, “Whenever Megan gets focused on something, she does it very well.
“She thought of every question to ask Mark by herself. I asked her to change a couple of questions, but she said ‘no I’m doing it this way’.
“I’m glad she didn’t listen to me because if she had, then she probably wouldn’t have won the competition. All of the judges were very impressed with her work.
“This is going to be her third Champions League Final. She’s been to two already, but this will be the best one yet.
“It’s a three-day all-expenses paid match ticket and she may have the chance to interview the likes of Franz Beckenbauer. She’s going to be doing a lot of research on the match in the meantime!”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here