Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compensation?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
May have missed this being debated, but does Oscar owe the Club compensation for terminating his contract?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yes if joins within next 3 or 6
Months, something like that.

Won't even come close to cost of dismissing back room staff though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, if you offer your resignation and it is accepted it is mutual consent and no compensation either way.

Not actually true - there is often a clause in senior contracts that provides for compensation to the previous employer if you are then employed by a competitor within a specific time period. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case for Oscar.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not actually true - there is often a clause in senior contracts that provides for compensation to the previous employer if you are then employed by a competitor within a specific time period. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case for Oscar.

I believe he owes the club just short of £150 quid for initialed training kit and bench coat.

If Ole Gunnar Solskjaer joins as manager this will be reduced by 2/3rds to £50 (£40 for cash).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I know there are restrictions in other lines of work but I don't think this is the case in the football world, once the offer of resignation has been accepted that is it.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Just because he offered his resignation doesn't mean that we haven't paid off (obviously only a fraction of the amount if he had been sacked) Oscar if it was mutually convenient for him to go . This has been on the cards for a long time. He did not enrol his kids for their school at Easter, he knew he was off.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I believe he owes the club just short of £150 quid for initialed training kit and bench coat.

If Ole Gunnar Solskjaer joins as manager this will be reduced by 2/3rds to £50 (£40 for cash).

This rubbish being written at a time like this really annoys me. The whole club's philosophy is at stake and you think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would pay £40 cash for Oscar's initialled training kit and bench coat. I suppose he could paint in an s and l to get SOlscar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here