Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager Dilemma

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Poyet and now Oscar, who are very good young managers, have both become disillusioned with Playing budget and set up at the club, ending in their departure. The problem being now is, no matter how good or experienced the new manager is, is he not going to get disillusioned for the same reasons?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No. They will be queuing all the way to the pier.

Any decent manager would back himself to improve us by the necessary 2-4 places ( or 3 playoff performances ) to reach the Premier League.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This will be a concern now for any serious candidate. At least the club now have a chance to reappraise the structure and get it right, I hope they do.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
If the club do reappraise the structure, then why didn't they do that before Oscar or Poyet left?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Poyet planned to leave because he could go onto better things and Oscar's departure is similar no doubt. Both have achieved success under the model and we had 3.5 years of Poyet. No doubt they were rewarded at a rate of at least £500,000 a year. They are not the losers in this at all. Many managers would like increased budgets and players they have not got and cannot have. Their job is to make the best of what they have and they are handsomely rewarded for it. I do not doubt we will obtain another high quality appointment to the post who will provide some fresh impetus.

I my view the job at Brighton did not quite fit Oscar. He seems more a natural coach that manager and has perhaps too much of a cautious approach.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Poyet and now Oscar, who are very good young managers, have both become disillusioned with Playing budget and set up at the club, ending in their departure. The problem being now is, no matter how good or experienced the new manager is, is he not going to get disillusioned for the same reasons?
They would have know the budget at the start of the season, so I would imagine if that is the main reason Garica has given, I wouldn't imagine he is being completely up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here