Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to root for Derby (If you already were not)

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
1. They deserve to.
They play good football and outclassed us 3 times and won 4. They finished 3rd whilst QPR finish 4th and 5 points behind.

2.There's at least 3 threads on NSC from Derby fans being gracious and polite. Good fans.

3. QPR have a higher wage budget than Dortmund and Athletic Madrid.

4. Derby have NOT broken the FFP rules... I think.

5. This picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnhyhCrCEAA4tW8.png:large

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Can't stand Redknapp so would like to see them turn over QPR. Not bothered about Derby otherwise.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I would prefer qpr to go up, they will have money to spend next season.

Maybe Derby's team will break up and they won't be as good next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
REASONS TO ROOT FOR QPR:

1) If they go up Bobby Zamora may likely be surplus to requirements......... want to see him back in the stripes

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Next year, we've potentially got these away games:

QPR
Fulham
Leyton Orient
Brentford
Millwall
Charlton
Watford*

all in (*sort of) London. Derby's third-place finish and their fans' responses on here also means I'll be rooting for them in the final - and I used to hold membership and QPR and had a real soft spot for them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What could possibly go wrong for Derby?

The form team going into the Championship play off final, having beaten a side who qualified at the last minute by winning at Forest, playing sparkling football under an impressive manager; the bookies and people's favourites to go up...

...against an uninspiring underdog opposition containing one erratic but occasionally brilliant player, who play at a crappy stadium in one of the less desirable parts of London, managed by a blithering idiot of a manager who's inexplicably popular with the media thanks to his matey attitude & pre-rehearsed collection of cheap soundbites.

Nope, there's absolutely no precedents at all for that to go tits up.

Start booking the open topped bus, Derby.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Personally I want QPR to win.

3 teams coming down with enormous parachute payment budgets will be likely to take 3 of the top 6 places.
QPR' s budget makes them odds on for another. Leaves only 2 places to play for.
Reading, Wigan or Forest will all have the budget to compete for at least one of those places.

If Derby stay down at least we will be competing against a team with a similar budget.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Want qpr up so its 1 less team that have money in our league.

They may well have an FFP transfer embago from December until they sell enough players to comply with FFP, if they don't go up this year.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
REASONS TO ROOT FOR QPR:

1) If they go up Bobby Zamora may likely be surplus to requirements......... want to see him back in the stripes

2) It's a shit away game and I don't want to have to go there next season.
3) I have money on QPR being promoted.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
What could possibly go wrong for Derby?

The form team going into the Championship play off final, having beaten a side who qualified at the last minute by winning at Forest, playing sparkling football under an impressive manager; the bookies and people's favourites to go up...

...against an uninspiring underdog opposition containing one erratic but occasionally brilliant player, who play at a crappy stadium in one of the less desirable parts of London, managed by a blithering idiot of a manager who's inexplicably popular with the media thanks to his matey attitude & pre-rehearsed collection of cheap soundbites.

Nope, there's absolutely no precedents at all for that to go tits up.

Start booking the open topped bus, Derby.

Oooh clever, especially the reference to beating Forest, I hadn't thought of that before.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh clever, especially the reference to beating Forest, I hadn't thought of that before.

On the plus side, this particular omen means we're dead certs to win the title next season, so, lump on :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I really hope Derby do it, for all sorts of reasons. But I have an uncomfortable feeling they've peaked too soon & will blow it against QPR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here