Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Picture of the Man taking over... as Batman

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Zack Znyder has tweeted out the first image of Ben Affleck as Batman as he will look in the upcoming Batman v Superman movie.

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/466249462348644352/photo/1/large

Bnhzak2CMAAmX8Z.jpg

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ohhh I really hope this film isn't a crushing disappointment. I'm not sure I trust Zack Snyder to deliver - especially with so many characters that will need a suitable introduction

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The trailer was due for release on monday, as a pirated copy leaked out today, and reaction wasn't totally positive, they have released the official version in all its glory

It looks to me that I will have the same reaction I had to Man of Steel where I both loved it and hated it at the same time.

I wonder if this shows only a small fraction. There was no wonder woman, no aquaman, no flash. I didn't notice any lex luthor, either.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As much as I feel I should be interested in this film, I genuinely struggle to get into any of the recent DC ones. It'll need a spectacular/interesting trailer to get me in there...unlike the Marvel ones; pretty much guaranteed that I'll go to all of them.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
As much as I feel I should be interested in this film, I genuinely struggle to get into any of the recent DC ones. It'll need a spectacular/interesting trailer to get me in there...unlike the Marvel ones; pretty much guaranteed that I'll go to all of them.

Really enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy, but apart from that I've been very underwhelmed, what's put me off even more is the fact that they're not linking things up as they could be. For example The Flash television series, big hit, I'm liking it, but they've stated it will have to connection to The Flash in the future Justice League films. That's one of the things that impresses most about the Marvel films is that all the films and tv shows link and overlap.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Christian Bale won't be surpassed as the definitive Batman if that trailer is anything to go by.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New trailer and I am now VERY excited.

Robin suit hanging in a display case in tribute.
Batman hanging off the side of a building and grappling away in tribute to the cover of the iconic Dark Knight Returns cover.
Superman ripping the doors off the batmobile.
Gal Gadot's wonder woman.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Interesting that this concept of these Super heros appearing in a movie together came alive on screen in the 2007 movie I am Legend. When Will Smith's character walks through Times Square there is an advert in the background advertising the movie.
( With an Identical motif ).

2015-07-13-20-40-33-1202695957.jpeg

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interesting that this concept of these Super heros appearing in a movie together came alive on screen in the 2007 movie I am Legend. When Will Smith's character walks through Times Square there is an advert in the background advertising the movie.
( With an Identical motif ).

View attachment 66952

It was included because there were plans to do a Batman v Superman movie in the early a few years before I Am Legend. There have been a lot of planned reboots for Batman, Superman and other superhero films. http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman/34923/the-big-screen-batman-reboots-that-nearly-happened and http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/31871/dc-superhero-movies-that-never-got-the-greenlight

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And as is becoming a common occurrence, the sneak peek at the Suicide Squad (which is part of the same film universe and BvS) that was intended just for the Comic Con audience was leaked on line, and WB have reacted by releasing it officially giving people a brief look at Jared Leto's take on the Joker.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
And as is becoming a common occurrence, the sneak peek at the Suicide Squad (which is part of the same film universe and BvS) that was intended just for the Comic Con audience was leaked on line, and WB have reacted by releasing it officially giving people a brief look at Jared Leto's take on the Joker.

I am by no means a geek when it comes to Batman ( Having grown up with the 60's repeats ), but I do like and enjoy the darker side of the latest Batman movies and especially the series Gotham which gives a whole new meaning and look at the characters in Batman. Never having read the comics ( being a Beano, Dandy and Whizzer and Chips man ) these latest movies and Gotham makes me want to look into Batman all over again in a different way.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am by no means a geek when it comes to Batman ( Having grown up with the 60's repeats ), but I do like and enjoy the darker side of the latest Batman movies and especially the series Gotham which gives a whole new meaning and look at the characters in Batman. Never having read the comics ( being a Beano, Dandy and Whizzer and Chips man ) these latest movies and Gotham makes me want to look into Batman all over again in a different way.

As a kid I never got into comics, but after watching Batman Begins I looked into some. I think if you ask most Batman fans they would recommend the likes of:

The Dark Knight Returns (an older batman comes out of retirement to take on a Superman who has become a tool for the US government) - there are a lot of references and nods to this in the footage so far released from Batman v Superman
The Killing Joke (the joker tries to drive Gordon insane, intercut with one version of the Joker's origin)
The Long Halloween (mysterious killer striking every month on a holiday, while crimelords are fighting)
Year One (an origin story)
Hush (a mysterious villain keeps sabotaging Batman from afar)
Dark Victory (part sequel to hush, part Robin origin)
Knightfall (Batman has his back broken by Bane, someone else takes over as the batman but goes a little nuts, so batman has to force his recovery to take him down).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As a kid I never got into comics, but after watching Batman Begins I looked into some. I think if you ask most Batman fans they would recommend the likes of:

The Dark Knight Returns (an older batman comes out of retirement to take on a Superman who has become a tool for the US government) - there are a lot of references and nods to this in the footage so far released from Batman v Superman
The Killing Joke (the joker tries to drive Gordon insane, intercut with one version of the Joker's origin)
The Long Halloween (mysterious killer striking every month on a holiday, while crimelords are fighting)
Year One (an origin story)
Hush (a mysterious villain keeps sabotaging Batman from afar)
Dark Victory (part sequel to hush, part Robin origin)
Knightfall (Batman has his back broken by Bane, someone else takes over as the batman but goes a little nuts, so batman has to force his recovery to take him down).

I'd agree with all of those.

Also, if you're interested in Batman generally, I'd recommend picking up Gotham Central. It's about the Gotham PD and how they deal with Batman's rogues gallery as well as general crime. Batman shows up periodically as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here