Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we be looking to sell Ulloa now?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The stark reality of the reasons for Oscar's departure have been laid bare in the Argus. It also seems that the club had to sell Bridcutt to comply with FFP so our loss did not exceed £8 million for 2013/14.

Having missed out on promotion is now not the best time to sell Ulloa? If we cash in now the new manager will know exactly what his transfer and wages budget will be for the whole season, i.e. sell for £6million, trouser £2 million for FFP, give the new man £4million to spend over the summer.

I don't want to see Ulloa go, but more importantly I don't want another bad January window with FFP issues weakening our club at a critical time. Burnley got promoted having sold Charlie Austin to Top 6 club QPR, I think it's a step we'll have to take now with the caveat that we replace him with a decent signing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Some people are unbelievable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So why not Algie?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the club is going to progress players need to be sold in order to bring in fresh faces.

Because the odds are we won't find a replacement as good with the £4m, so it's a self-defeating exercise

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's get the manager sorted before dismantling the team.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
amazing idea - day after a manager leaves lets sell our only goalscorer.....while we are at it - lets sell the corner flags, and knock down the dressing rooms.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Unless I'm mistaken, we were on course to meet FFP rules before the January transfer window, so the money received from the Barnes and Bridcutt transfers should be reinvested in the summer?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If the club is going to progress players need to be sold in order to bring in fresh faces.

Or go backwards because we don't replace them properly ie Brdicutt,Barnes,El- Abd and managers leave because of lack of funds.

It's time we try and keep our best players and go from there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No chance on earth the club would give the new manager £4m for transfers. I'd be shocked if we spent more than £1-2m this close season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unless I'm mistaken, we were on course to meet FFP rules before the January transfer window, so the money received from the Barnes and Bridcutt transfers should be reinvested in the summer?

Correct - there was no financial need to sell anyone.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Depends on whether or not the new manager feels that CMS and Hoskins can fill the void and score 15 - 20 goals each next season.

Hoskins... jesus christ..... he wont get retained surely.

the man has not played 15 games in 3 years let alone get 15 goals.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Money aside, I think it's a case of whether he is the type of CF that the new manager wants. If not, then sell and get a cheaper replacement that fits in with the new manager.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The stark reality of the reasons for Oscar's departure have been laid bare in the Argus. It also seems that the club had to sell Bridcutt to comply with FFP so our loss did not exceed £8 million for 2013/14.

had to sell to comply with FFP, or had to sell to get rid of a player who's head had been turned and clearly wanted away?

*if* we could even get £6m for him, i'd say its a pretty bad way to start preperations for the new season. wait for new man to come in an assess, he might not think Ulloa suits his style and want to ship out anyway, but he might think he's perfect and take umbrage if he loses him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depends on whether or not the new manager feels that CMS and Hoskins can fill the void and score 15 - 20 goals each next season.
I don't think CMS and Hoskins fit the bill. CMS as a player swop and Hoskins released ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here