Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained list

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
I read that Jones and Burke are doing the retained list now, I expect that nearly every out of contract player will leave as the club will want to bring in other players on skinnier wages

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Football League regulations require that all out of contract players have to told if they will be retained or offered new contracts. Unfortunately this cannot be left until new manager is appointed.

One would assume that players such as Calde and Upson would be told "yes" and Spanish Daves "no" - others, not so sure.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rename this thread "We're all doomed, I tell yer"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair they probably will all go. If fact it's only Upson and Calderon I consider keeping. With FFP kicking in players are going to have to be more realistic with their demands. We can probably get the equal or better of Orlandi, for a few grand a week less and probably won't be injured 90% of the time. I can't see how any sane Albion fan would even consider keeping Orlandi, you might as well throw the fecking money on the fire.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I read that Jones and Burke are doing the retained list now, I expect that nearly every out of contract player will leave as the club will want to bring in other players on skinnier wages

Yes, it's mad why would anyone try and cut costs ???.
If Jones and Burke were doing their jobs properly they'd keep everyone and give them a 25% pay rise to make sure they stay. That's how to be successful ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm expecting Kuszczak to turn down a contract, and the other 2 keepers to be released.

I reckon Bruno, Lopez, and Rodriguez will be released.

Hoskins will be dependant on medical advice, and will maybe be at a lower wage.

Upson will be offered a deal, but will he retire ?

And I think Calderon will be offered a contact, but will it be peanuts ???

Last edited:

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Yes, it's mad why would anyone try and cut costs ???.
If Jones and Burke were doing their jobs properly they'd keep everyone and give them a 25% pay rise to make sure they stay. That's how to be successful ???

Blimey! I hope I'm being whooshed otherwise that is a very deluded comment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here