Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Curbishley - Dark Horse

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Just saw his name on the odd's list @ 20/1

Experience:

Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley (born 8 November 1957, Forest Gate, Essex) is an English former football player and manager. He played, as a midfielder for West Ham United, Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic and Brighton & Hove Albion and has worked in the Premier League in management roles at Charlton Athletic and West Ham United.In December 2013 he was appointed technical director at Fulham only to be removed from the role in February 2014.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just saw his name on the odd's list @ 20/1

Experience:

Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley (born 8 November 1957, Forest Gate, Essex) is an English former football player and manager. He played, as a midfielder for West Ham United, Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic and Brighton & Hove Albion and has worked in the Premier League in management roles at Charlton Athletic and West Ham United.In December 2013 he was appointed technical director at Fulham only to be removed from the role in February 2014.

40s at BV

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Technical director with Sherwood managing the team ???

:jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knackered old horse more like

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Makes me smile really. Every time that a managers job becomes vacant, Curbishley's name get's a mention as a possible candidate. Why?, he hasn't had a job in management since about 1927. He had moderate success as a manager at Charlton and West Ham, but both were a very long time ago now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I always though Curbs would succeed GP but unfortunately it looks like he's had too long out of the game now and would be a pretty massive change in "type" from the previous 2 appointments.

Plenty going for him though, ex-player, good managerial track record and experience of promotion from the Championship.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Makes me smile really. Every time that a managers job becomes vacant, Curbishley's name get's a mention as a possible candidate. Why?, he hasn't had a job in management since about 1927. He had moderate success as a manager at Charlton and West Ham, but both were a very long time ago now.

Moderate success? He took Charlton into the Premier League and kept them there for years, finishing 7th one season. He kept West Ham up in his first period at the club and they were fifth when he resigned in September of his second spell. I wouldn't mind some moderate success like that.

The reason he didn't get back into football straight away was because there were legal issues surrounding his Hammers' departure and, after that, he was holding out for a good Premier League job which never came.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Curbishley at about 20/1 for a vacant managerial post is pretty much a football cliché these days

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I always though Curbs would succeed GP but unfortunately it looks like he's had too long out of the game now and would be a pretty massive change in "type" from the previous 2 appointments.

Plenty going for him though, ex-player, good managerial track record and experience of promotion from the Championship.

Too right. Dont write him off because he's not "flair". He took a club of similar size to us into the Premier league and kept them there. Id settle for that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Curbishley or 'Curbs' as he is known within the football family would be a safe pair of hands.

My fear is he has been out of management for some years now and why hasn't he had a job up to this point?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here