Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alternative Sites - the official facts.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Gwylan said:
That is utter twaddle. There is a long tradition of building stadia in towns and cities. Just look at the London teams, look at the Liverpool teams, look at Newcastle, Sheffield United, Bradford City, the old Derby County, Leicester and Sunderland grounds. I could name dozens more.

It's only recently that clubs have moved to the outskirts, traditionally they have been close to the centre of town.

I agree that cost of real estate is high now and that's why out-of-town developments are more attractive...and why Falmer is the only answer.

Although in this case the Albion would be following their own tradition, as the Goldstone WAS an out of town stadium. However, that is of no relevance to this discussion.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Curious Orange said:
Although in this case the Albion would be following their own tradition, as the Goldstone WAS an out of town stadium. However, that is of no relevance to this discussion.
The Goldstone wasn't built for the Albion don't forget.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dougdeep said:
The Goldstone wasn't built for the Albion don't forget.

It was'nt? I did'nt know that, explain please :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was built for Hove.F.C. in 1901,a club that was in existence since 1884. The Albion took it over in 1904 when Hove moved to Hove Park.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Curious Orange said:
I didn't say it was. The point was that it was an out of town stadium.

But how can they follow their own tradition, when they didn't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here