Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion told Sherwood is the one for them [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion told Sherwood is the one for them[/h]5:00am Tuesday 13th May 2014 in Albion By Brian Owen
3022155.jpg
Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has been tipped as the ideal man to manage Albion
Albion were today told bookies’ favourite Tim Sherwood is the man to get them promoted – if they can get him.
The current Tottenham manager was as short as 6-1 ON to become Albion’s next boss last night as they began the search for a replacement for Oscar Garcia.
Oscar’s resignation was accepted by the Seagulls after talks yesterday, leaving chairman Tony Bloom hunting for his third manager or head coach in little more than a year.
Former Albion midfielder Warren Aspinall, who now follows them as a pundit for BBC Radio Sussex, has backed Bloom to make a wise appointment.
And he reckons Sherwood, who is expected to leave Spurs this summer, would be the best choice.
Apsinall said: “If Tottenham get rid of Tim Sherwood I would love him at the Amex.
“He’s a football man, he will put kids in, he has got a Plan B and he is a winner. I like the way we have played under Gus Poyet and Oscar but we have never had a Plan B.
“I played with Tim for England youth and I speak to him quite a bit.
“What he has done in the circumstances at Tottenham is unbelievable and he would be first choice for me.
“I’ve seen him go 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3. “Oscar has done brilliantly after taking over from Gus, who was such a success.
“But to get out of the Championship you need somebody who really knows English football.
“Tim would be ideal if we could get him – but he won’t come cheap.
“Brighton would be a great next stop for him if he leaves Spurs. He’s the man to get us promoted.”
Oscar stepped down after his first season in England ended in play-off defeat at Derby.
He is not believed to have a new job lined up although he was being linked in Spain last night with the impending vacancy at Celta.
In a statement released by the club, Oscar said Albion should not have been totally surprised by his resignation.
He said: “The club has been aware of my thoughts for several weeks and during this time I have had discussions with both the chairman, Tony Bloom, and chief executive, Paul Barber.
“I have enjoyed my time with the club but, although I do not have any immediate plans, I have decided to move on.”
Bloom said: “We are extremely grateful to Oscar for his efforts this past year, and for providing us with another exciting and memorable season at the club.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here