Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players retained list

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
So does this mean Burke has another go at the retained list .? Does this mean we have another Spanish Dave scenario re players released and signed again like last year ?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Looking at the stickied contract post and who is out of contract I'd say give Kuszczak a new deal, Upson another year, take up the option on Lua Lua and :bigwave: to everyone else.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Brezovan would be a good keeper with Eric Steele (or equivalent) as coach. Keep him. I think we could be surprised.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Looking at the stickied contract post and who is out of contract I'd say give Kuszczak a new deal, Upson another year, take up the option on Lua Lua and :bigwave: to everyone else.

Kuszczac Is not good enough on crosses or kicking - great shot stopper but not good enough all round.

Upson is on his last legs

Lua Lua - we have had the best of him, need another outlet and dimension to our game plans

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I think Brezovan would be a good keeper with Eric Steele (or equivalent) as coach. Keep him. I think we could be surprised.

I admit I'd be quite surprised.

I like Brez in lots of respects but ultimately I think he and Casper are decent keepers who are prone to stage fright, and that they'd be much better off as first choices (and potential star players) in a L1/L2 side than as bench-warmers at the Albion.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
(W)Ankergren to get another year then :facepalm: Probably let the decent players go as well and hand Lopez another deal. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not ideal is it? Unless we already have a manager lined up who knows the players strengths and weaknesses very well. If not we have another season of players being signed with the new manager having no input. This is not a great scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here