Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the team knew beforehand that he was off

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Judging by the reaction of Andrews with the fracas , did this have any effect on the team yesterday ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes.

You always know.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think the players must have known. To get to the play off's with this and so many players out of contract in June was some achievement.
I was mystified to see Kemy on the bench, had we loads of injured players, or had there been a few fall outs in the week.
Seems to mirror this time last season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect the players knew, but also suspect the £5 million bonus the squad and management team are on for promotion were of greater importance to them.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Suspect the players knew, but also suspect the £5 million bonus the squad and management team are on for promotion were of greater importance to them.

A team has to have belief, and no amount of financial incentive can inject that.

I can't help but think that knowing the leader is not committed to the cause and does not himself believe it is going to happen had a major impact. The incentive could have been £10m but it would not have made much difference.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
They knew , was a repeat of last year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I imagine they knew. But I expect the likelihood that a lot of them will be off too has more relevance.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
A team has to have belief, and no amount of financial incentive can inject that.

I can't help but think that knowing the leader is not committed to the cause and does not himself believe it is going to happen had a major impact. The incentive could have been £10m but it would not have made much difference.

I agree totally with that and on reflection he made some strange comments prior to leaving - something on the lines of "we are happy when we win, and happy when we lose" (cannot recall exactly). At the time I was thinking "well you should never be happy to lose" or words to that effect.:smile:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I think the players must have known. To get to the play off's with this and so many players out of contract in June was some achievement.
I was mystified to see Kemy on the bench, had we loads of injured players, or had there been a few fall outs in the week.

I was surprised to seen Kemy on the bench, and even more surprised OG didn't being him on when Greer was injured, moving Ince back to centre half (where he used to play). moving Ward for Chicksen was bonkers IMHO.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Mind you seeing the many posts on here saying which of our players we will dispense of when we get to the Prem must have helped.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I bet you Kemy will be almost an ever present next year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here