Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Webb, we will never see another like him!

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
28 years Charlie Webb was manager of our great club :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: (1919-47, some war years). In the last 28 years we are now looking for our 19th manager!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feb 14, 2010
.. And he also scored the winner in the Charity Shield win of 1910 to make us Champions of England. Now that will never be seen again

Feb 14, 2010
Apologies for my lack of knowledge that far back but is all that true?

Yes. When football was regional, winners of the Southern League (BHA) beat winners of the Football League (mainly northern) Aston Villa and BHA were Champions of England. Charlie Webb scored the winning goal and went on to be a long standing manager. With the war years in between, he was reappointed manager when still in a prisoner of war camp.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
615charliewebb.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If you weren't around watching Brighton during these times, then you're just a JCL! :albion2:

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Yes. When football was regional, winners of the Southern League (BHA) beat winners of the Football League (mainly northern) Aston Villa and BHA were Champions of England. Charlie Webb scored the winning goal and went on to be a long standing manager. With the war years in between, he was reappointed manager when still in a prisoner of war camp.

wow to think we put up leon knight instead!!!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think he has a slightly more compelling case to be on our Legends Wall then a few others by the sound of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here