Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statements today an insult to fans' intelligence

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am getting sick and tired of the Albion's total disregard, almost disdain and contempt for the fans over yet another huge development today.

If you look at the statements of Garcia, Bloom and Barber today they say absolutely nothing about the extent of and real reasons for the disagreement, and why it couldn't be overcome. Instead there are only woolly references from Garcia to budgets of other clubs, and nothing from our board members.

This is simply not good enough after last year, these are not small ripples, they are huge waves at the club.

We are talking about 30,000 fans who the club say they care about. Yet whenever there are tough statements to be made and truth to be aired they bottle it time and time again.

It doesn't matter whose ego gets bruised, who it offends, whose incompetence or methods might be exposed, the club owe a full explanation to fans of precisely why a second manager has gone in 12 months after another play-off campaign.

Anything less is an embarrassing insult to the intelligence of the supporters.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Long summer ahead

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Don't worry I'm sure the truth will be in the Argus tomorrow when investigative journalist par excellence Andy Naylor gets on the case.

Or not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems like you already made up your mind what the "real reasons" are, so any further information would be superfluious, no?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Didn't Naylor say he was going on holiday? Maybe the Albion are deliberately trying to ruin it for him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All in your opinion, naturally.

Who else's opinion am I going to give? Just out of interest, what exactly would the club have to do for you to ever criticise them? Change name to the Brighton Eagles? Or would you find a way of rationalising that as well?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have to say when I read Oscar's Open letter I was a bit like WTF? It was written as though he was always going to be leaving after a year, no explanation, nothing. I found it a little insulting too to be honest, no attempt to make up an excuse even, just pretending nothing has happened. It's all a bit strange, again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
seems like you already made up your mind what the "real reasons" are, so any further information would be superfluious, no?

I find it staggering that fans who once had a bit about them are how happy to be treated like such mugs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am getting sick and tired of the Albion's total disregard, almost disdain and contempt for the fans over yet another huge development today.

If you look at the statements of Garcia, Bloom and Barber today they say absolutely nothing about the extent of and real reasons for the disagreement, and why it couldn't be overcome. Instead there are only woolly references from Garcia to budgets of other clubs, and nothing from our board members.

This is simply not good enough after last year, these are not small ripples, they are huge waves at the club.

We are talking about 30,000 fans who the club say they care about. Yet whenever there are tough statements to be made and truth to be aired they bottle it time and time again.

It doesn't matter whose ego gets bruised, who it offends, whose incompetence or methods might be exposed, the club owe a full explanation to fans of precisely why a second manager has gone in 12 months after another play-off campaign.

Anything less is an embarrassing insult to the intelligence of the supporters.

I'm outraged that the club isn't airing its dirty washing in public.

I don't think anyone's looking for blow by blow descriptions. You only get those in Dutch movies with dodgy jazz soundtracks.

However we are not looking for corporate bullshit whitewash either. The fans of this club distrust it for some reason......

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm outraged that the club isn't airing its dirty washing in public.

That's the truth of it. It was a professional and timely communication about the resignation of our manager. The kind of professional approach I've come to expect from Bloom/Barber.

I'm hardly expecting them to release an expose on our transfer policy/wage structure!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id rather private/personal issues remain private myself. We dont have a divine right to know everything and that happens with pretty much everything in life.

You should know this after last Summer, we dont open up on private issues and rightly so, unlike some other clubs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do think there is a huge gulf between what money is available for wages / transfers and the wish for Premier League football. It has taken a 2nd manager now to in effect say this.

Maybe others are on borrowed time as well who are not part of the coaching staff.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
it's all so amicable when we know it's not.

bloom and barber for the middle east peace process?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
asyde7y6.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't worry I'm sure the truth will be in the Argus tomorrow when investigative journalist par excellence Andy Naylor gets on the case.

Or not.

Maybe it will be in HB&Bs Argus blog?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here