Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Serious question about quitting smoking.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
This is a question for all the ex-smokers out there.

Did you fart a ton once you stopped? I stopped entirely last Thursday, but since then I have had some awful, regular wind.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You have probably been eating more? i still smoke,at the expense of food,given the choice i'll have a fag.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Were you standing behind [MENTION=27316]MissGull[/MENTION] yesterday, perchance?

Can't proffer any useful advice re your question - sorry...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Were you standing behind [MENTION=27316]MissGull[/MENTION] yesterday, perchance?

Can't proffer any useful advice re your question - sorry...

:lolol: just waiting for her to leap on this thread now

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is a question for all the ex-smokers out there.

Did you fart a ton once you stopped? I stopped entirely last Thursday, but since then I have had some awful, regular wind.
Forget the farting matey, it's a good thing to stop, keep it up and you will live longer and save money!

We had a holiday to Egypt with what we saved in a year:) Have now got the weight off too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have heard of this strange side effect, but stick with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not really been eating more if I'm honest. I have however, drink more banana milkshake which maybe the root cause...

It's probably that then,still we need a non smoker/ex smoker to answer this....however,smoking (i know i should stop) slows every aspect of the body,starves all areas of oxygen etc,even the intestines and muscles that regulate digestion,these are now working better and getting more oxygen in your case,hence more gas...

Ps keep you eyes out for Misgull and don't admit to being anywhere near Derby,even if you did go..

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
detoxification = smelly farts.

drink more water- will help clean you out......or have a ciggie, i'm having one now - they're not so bad.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Nicotine is a laxative. Remove the source and you end up holding in gas which is released as frequent bouts of ill-timed and unwanted wind.

To be honest though, most farts smell marginally less unbearable than someone reeking of tobacco. And, at least the wind will pass after a few seconds, whereas cigarette smoke lingers forever and a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here